What type of procedure would correct this asymmetry?

I am an 18 year old (5 foot 3, about 145 pounds) looking to fix my extremely asymmetrical breasts. I wear a 34C and am fine with the size of my smaller breast. I would like them to look a bit perkier and have better posture. However, I would like them to look natural. I also plan on having children and was wondering how long the effects of a procedure would last, assuming I will have a child within the next 10 years. Also is there anything actually wrong that might allow insurance to cover?

Asymmetrical breasts pre-op

Thank you for your inquiry and congratulations on considering a breasts enhancement surgery.
Based on the photo you presented and the description above, it seems that you would benefit the most from a combination of breast augmentation and lift.

That being said, it is crucial that you schedule a consultation with a well experienced and board-certified surgeon who can provide you with the detailed plan of action that will lead to the best aesthetic results possible in your case.The best of luck to you.

Breast asymmetry

Thank you for your question and photo.  What you are requesting is a cosmetic procedure, something that would not be covered by insurance in the US.  I would recommend that you have a reduction of the right breast, lift of both breasts, and small implants placed.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Correction of breast asymmetry

You have several choices to correct surgically your significant asymmetry:
1) Breast Reduction/ lift on a larger side and a lift on the smaller
2) Breast lift on both and different size implants
3) Breast lift on both and implant on the smaller to match the larger side.

Best is to seek in person consultation from an experienced Board Certified PS

Breast asymmetry

this degree of asymmetry can be a difficult problem to correct. Although a lift on the right breast with bilateral augmentation would give some improvement, there will definitely be a chance of needing secondary surgery once the tissues have softened and relaxed after many months. Two other options are a right breast reduction followed a few months later by augmentation, and another is a left tissue expander followed by a right breast lift with augmentation. Discussing this with your plastic surgeon, and understanding that a difficult problem may require multiple surgeries is important.

This information is for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for a consultation with a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Procedure to correct breast asymmetry

Hello, it appears that your breasts are not only differently-sized but one areola sits lower on the breast mound.  If you are happy with the size of your smaller breast than implants may not be needed.  You could consider having breast lift surgery, and the surgeon could remove some tissue from the larger breast to improve the size match.  You could discuss your options with a PS experienced treating breast asymmetry cases.

Breast Asymmetry

You would need a breast lift with a breast implant on the right side and a breast implant only on the left side.  This should improve you breast asymmetry.  It is unlikely that you could get this covered by insurance.  This should be a long lasting procedure.  You may have some sagging of the breasts with time but it is possible that the breasts would retain their size and shape after pregnancy.

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Correct procedures

A breast lift and augmentation would be necessary to even out your  breasts.  You would need a larger implant on the left side obviously.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Thank you for your question and photograph. I can see the breast asymmetry that you are referring to, and if you like the size of your left breast, then a right breast lift with simultaneous reduction will allow for a better matching between the two sides.  Depending on your opinion of your left breast nipple position, you could also have a breast lift performed on the left side to elevate your the tissue into a more youthful position.  

Breast lift and reducion

I would do a breast lift and reduction on the larger side and a small breast lift on the smaller side. Then later in life can add implants if desired for example after children. God Luck!

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

You probably need a lift of the large one, and an implant in the smaller one.  Best of luck, but it really depend upon what you are looking for.