Is Deep Active FX treatment effective to shrink pores? Will Vaseline post treatment block pores further?

I'm a 29 year old Irish woman with pale skin. I have suffered with acne for about 17 years. I have huge pores and blackheads all over my face. Will this treatment shrink my pores, they are the worst on my face. Also I'm terrified that putting all that Vaseline on my face for days after the treatment will block my pores even more and cause even more blackheads. Is there a non pore blocking alternative to Vaseline? Please, please advise me. Many thanks. I will post pics once I do the treatment next month.

Deep Fx pores

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Deep Fx is a great CO2 laser setting that works well for fine lines/ wrinkles, acne scars, and large pores. Regardless of what it is used for, you will need to keep things well moisturized. There are several alternatives to Vaseline including Aquaphor and non petroleum based Jelly. We use EltaMD laser balm which is thick and moisturizing but has not been shown to be comedogenic. ANother great option is Epionce Medical Barrier cream- very gentle and great for sensitive skin.

There are no permenant treaments for enlarged pores...

Thank you for your question, it is definitely one of the most common requests we get at W Facial Aesthetics, people want smaller pores. There are many different lasers and peels that will cause swelling in the dermis that can temporarily make the pores look smaller but in time the swelling subsides and the pores look the same. When we do Deep FX treatments we prefer to use coconut oil or Crisco until the crusts are gone usually about 4 days. 

Hope this helps.

Ivan Wayne, MD
Oklahoma City Facial Plastic Surgeon