Will a medium HALO level still make a big impact on skin texture and pore size?

Will a medium HALO level still make an big impact on skin texture and pore size? I am scared to go deep on my first treatment. Also, it will be combined with BBL. Thank you.

Halo

You can always do an extra treatment!  It's always a good idea to not go as aggressive your first time around with a new procedure if you are at all hesitant.  Make sure your provider is a well experienced and you will be fine.  Hand in there. 

HALO Hybrid Laser

The effective of HALO laser resurfacing is more than just about treatment depth, it also depends on how many treatments you have done. When in doubt, go less deep and just plan on having an extra treatment or two.

Halo results

Thank you for your question about whether a medium Halo level will make an impact on your skin texture and pore size. 

Everyone is different in how soon they will see results from their treatment. You will often begin to see smoother brighter skin within 3-6 days. Your skin actually continues to improve over time (weeks to months) with collagen remodeling underneath the skin's surface. Within the first 2-3 weeks, most patients will see their pigmentation improve, followed by deeper skin regeneration that keeps improving over the ensuing months.

To be sure you receive appropriate treatment, see two or more experienced, licensed and board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

No, HALO not designed for pores.

No, see video as it explains HALO. This laser is not a pore targeting laser. I find other laser much more effective, depending on the pore size. 

Large pores= TCA CROSS peel
Medium pores, to small multiple pores can be treated with high density Fraxel 1927 or even with INFINI RF with a short pulse duration and minimal depth. If you have ethnic skin type, Picosure FOCUS is good.

All the best

Dr Davin Lim
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist