Any Way to Use Injectable Fillers for the Temple Area?

I have found that doctors are not keen to even try to put injectable fillers in the temple area. Even your own fat. I have asked three plastic surgeons in Malaysia about this and not one of them wanted to even try.They claimed that the results are lumpy and move down giving the brow a heavy appearance. I think they need to change the way this is done and the problem will no longer exist. Perhaps a gradual build up and numerous small injections to the areas. Please let me know what methods have proved successful or some photo sites.

Fillers are Great for Temple Area

Fillers are excellent in improving temple hollowing. If the injection is performed properly, the patient's face often has dramatic improvement. Long thin faces can be made to appear rounder, less skinny and sunken. Often, the brows become lifted as well, resulting in a rejuvenated look. Good luck.

Fillers are Great for Temple Area

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Temple fillers

I routinely inject fillers in the temple area. This is a key area for facial rejuvenation. Just as we lose fat in our face as we age, so do we in our temples. Any filler will work, but I prefer Sculptra, or autologous (your own) fat for the longest lasting and most natural results. The results are not lumpy, and they do not push the brows down. In fact, often the brow complex is filled as well, and by doing so extra skin is lifted off the upper lids. I am sure you will find the right doctor in your area for your facial fillers. You might want to consult with your medical doctor to get a recommendation.

Yoash R. Enzer, MD, FACS
Providence Oculoplastic Surgeon

Temple fillers

Yoash R. Enzer, MD, FACS
Providence Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fillers for the Temporal Hollows

Hollow temples is common sign of aging, or severe weight loss.  Fillers can be used to restore volume in that location if injected by specialists knowledgable in the anatomy and who inject quite deeply.  Scultra, Radiesse and hyaluronic acid fillers can all be used and depend on the patients need for immediate or delayed results and duration of effect.

Stephen Mandy, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers for the Temporal Hollows

Stephen Mandy, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Fat grafting for hollowed temples

Many of my mentors have told me we need to listen to the patient. This is one of those times. I have performed fat injection into the temples with good results and I am sure other surgeons have as well. The key is to inject the fat into the deeper layers where it has a greater chance of survival and less of a chance of shifting position or producing an uneven appearance. I see no need for a gradual build up. Again you are also right about changing the way it is done.

Aaron Stone, MD

Fat grafting for hollowed temples

Aaron Stone, MD

Sculptra is my choice for the treatment of temple hollows

Sculptra is an ideal agent for the treatment of temple hollowing that can occur with aging.  The results are almost universally very gratifying and safe.

Steven E. Rasmussen, MD, FAAD
Austin Dermatologist

Steven E. Rasmussen, MD, FAAD
Austin Dermatologist

Temporal Atrophy Treatment with Fat Injection

Volume loss or atrophy in the temple area may be due to multiple conditions. Malnutrition, medication, facial aging, neurosurgery, facial trauma are the more common causes.

Treatment is based primarily on the cause for the condition. Plastic surgery may be reconstructive or cosmetic. For temple area volume loss with facial aging or after surgery/trauma includes injectable fillers, fat grafting, or silicone implant.

Every potential treatment has its advantages and disadvantages. Fat grafting may be the more common cosmetic procedure, but may require repeated injections. Only after a comprehensive evaluation by a plastic surgeon or cosmetic surgeon can an appropriate option be determined for you.

Fillers for temple region

Hi there! 

I have carried out a lot of work perfecting my temple injections.

The area has some important arteries hence why there is some resistance to treat the area however there is one 'sweet spot' where the product can be injected safely under the muscle softening the appearance of the temporal hollow with great result and minimal risk. In the right hands results can certainly reduce the aged appearance of temporal hollows and improve the facial contours. 

My advice is - less injections is more and best syringe rather than microcannulae. Make sure your practitioner is aware of the 'sweet spot'! 

Dr Rupert 

Fillers for temple region

Hi there! 

Dr Rupert 

Fillers to treat hollowing in the temple area

Thank you for your question. In my opinion, fillers work very well to improve temporal hollowing. I prefer high viscosity hyaluronic acid as Juvederm volume. It is important to inject the filler in the right plane/space so it doesn't move during facial expression.

I hope this helps. Regards (Dr. Salameh, Bowling Green, KY Plastic Surgeon)

I Love Injecting the Temples - I've even done this live on The Doctors Show

Injecting in the temples can be done safely, if performed by a physician injector with experience treating that area and detailed knowledge of the anatomy of that particular treatment area. I typically like using Voluma or Lift in the temples, because these firmer fillers help fill in the area quickly and are longer-lasting. I inject this area commonly, and if done correctly, you should experience a lift in the brow, not a drop.

For this injection type, ask to see the doctor’s before and afters – it will give you a good gauge of their skill and experience.

It typically does not take me more than 1 visit to completely fill this area. Multiple injections are actually significantly less safe in this area. The concern is that there are several important blood vessels in the area, and you don’t want to accidentally inject one of those with filler. However, with the right technique, this becomes a very small risk.

Mitchell Chasin, MD
Livingston Physician

Mitchell Chasin, MD
Livingston Physician

Temporal hollows and fillers

Fillers placed in the temporal hollow is a reasonable option for hollowness and contouring in this region. The hyaluronic acids may be used or Sculptra.

Temporal hollows and fillers