What Is The Ideal Lipo for Very Athletic Toned Thin Woman? (photo)

I exercise 5x a week do cardio high protein diet etc. the only time I has chiseled abs was when I was 100lbs extremely skinny and I would feel like fainting and my face looked dead. I decided it was unhealthy so I gained weight muscle to 114 lbs. my abs will not show since I have extremely stubborn fat. Is it too risky to do llipo for a very athletic woman. Is the risk higher to get shark dents and bumps. Thanks for your honesty.

Toned abs that need the finesse of the micro canulas really do great under tumescent local.

The micro cannulas are the tiny cannulas which can sculpt the abs really easy and look natural in a toned patient but must be done under local tumescent to be able to stand the patient up and fine tune the abs to give the very best results. Expect to pay $5000 on special and be back exercising in only 1 week. Sincerely,David Hansen,MD

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

What Is The Ideal Lipo for Very Athletic Toned Thin Woman?

Most plastic surgeons will not perform liposuction on you due to lack of fat.  However, if you are going to have an etching type procedure you should probably find a plastic surgeon who has a six pack, knows the anatomy present, and knows how to create that look.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Ideal Lipo for Very Athletic, Thin Woman

Thank you for your pictures and question regarding liposuction or body contouring. I have a very extensive body contouring practice with several non-invasive body contouring options for the right patient.  You're requesting an honest opinion, and I would not let anyone do any type of body contouring on you at this time.  You are in great shape, and the photo does not show any excess pockets of fat. You almost certainly would not benefit from any type of fat reduction device since you don't have excess fat, stubborn or otherwise.  In my opinion, you look better and healthier now than you did than when you weighed less.  Good luck to you.

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Lipo for thin woman to define abs

I agree with the surgeons who say to avoid surgery.  You appear in good shape and very lean.  The wish pic you show has a woman with a wide separation of her ab muscles giving the appearance of a six pack.  Etching procedures can work sometimes and can also be a disaster (google Tara Reids post pictures of her abdomen).  

Liposuction not ideal for very thin patients

I would advise you to avoid any kind of surgical liposuction. You may get some contour improvement with some non-invasive devices such as radiofrequency - Thermage, Vanquish, Exilis. I do not think coolsculpting or Liposonix will work as there really needs to be a significant pinch of fat in order to get the treatment.

Liposuction in lean patients

I don't see any fat to remove without the trade off of removing skin blood supply. Since you are not a good candidate for standard liposuction I am sure you can find lots of doctors who will try to sell you an alphabet soup of liposuction procedures.                                                                                 

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Aaron Stone, MD

Thank you for posting photos.  You would be a great candidate for our Hi-Def SmartLipo.  You can read about it on our website.  It is similar to what people used to call etching in the past but more natural looking.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Lipo etching might be what you are searching for

Thank you for the question and the photos.  You appear to be in great shape.  If you truly want to have improved abdominal muscle definition you may want to consider conservative liposuction with etching.  The key to great results with decreased complications is not so much the type of liposuction as it is the surgeon performing the liposuction.  A conservative liposuction with a small cannula, tumescent infiltration, pre-tunneling, and good post-operative compression can provide improved abdominal definition.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD