Hyaluronidase Dosage for Removing Restylane Under Eyes

I have an appointment this week to have restylane under my eyes dissolved with hyaluronidase, and I like to be informed as much as possible before having anything done. I would appreciate advice on the dosage so that when i ask how much my doctor intends to use I have something to weigh this up against. The last thing I want is more complications caused by an incorrect mixture/amount of hyaluronidase being injected. Many thanks in advance. Samuele

Answers (3)

Hyaluronidase works for removal of Restylane and Juvederm Fort Lauderdale

There was an excellent review of this in the literature.  As I recall the formula advised was 10 units of hyaluronidase per 0.1 cc of product that you desire to be removed.  It works instantly and beautifully for over-corrections.

Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Hyaluronidase

Hyaluronidase can safely remove hyaluronic acid filler (e.g. Restylane).  Usually 50-100 units per side are used.

Anatoli Freiman, MD
Toronto Dermatologist

Removing Restylane with Hyaluronidase

Hyaluronidase is a safe way to remove Restylane from your lower eyelids.  The amount needed depends on the volume of Restylane that needs to be dissolved.  I would say that a typical dose would be about 50 units per side.

Marc Cohen, MD
Marc Cohen, MD
Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon
31 reviews

Ask a Provider

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors.
FOR FREE.