Looking for an en bloc breast implant removal doctor in Illinois/Chicago that will get all of the capsule 100%?

I am looking for a doctor that will remove my year and three month old silicone implants that are under the muscle by the en bloc technique. I have been having problems with my health since I have had them and want them and all the tissue removed so I have a piece of mind that maybe I can regain my health back. I'm looking for one that has done this multiple times and would be willing to help me.
To find doctors in your local area, please click here.

Looking for an en bloc breast implant removal doctor

Thank you for the question. Keep in mind, that there are a variety of different ways to remove breast implants and the en bloc removal is not always necessary or indicated.  

Generally speaking (in my opinion), unless the breast implant capsules have thickened (and/or are otherwise symptomatic), are associated with the ruptured silicone gel breast implants, or if the patient has concerns about "medical conditions" related to the breast implants, capsulectomy is not universally necessary. For these patients, en block removal of breast implants is a good procedure.

On the contrary, capsulectomy can expose patients to additional risks, such as bleeding, size loss, contour irregularities and other serious complications. In other words, any maneuver performed during surgery exposes patients to additional risk (morbidity). For example, attempting to remove very thin capsule densely adherent to the patient's rib cage may expose the patient to significant bleeding and/or entrance into the thoracic cavity.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure,  I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. ***Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.

Capsule removal after sub muscular augmentation

Typically, removal of the anterior capsule is always performed in an "en bloc" fashion even though it may be adherent to the overlying muscle. However, the posterior capsule can be dangerous to remove because if it is strongly adherent to the underlying chest wall, removal can cause a lot of bleeding and even penetration into the chest cavity itself. Your capsule is your own tissue, scar tissue that your body made to "wall" off the implant. If you want the implants out, best to find a board certified plastic surgeon who can perform the explantation with the necessary capsulectomies (may or may not include posterior capsule just based on how adherent it is). Hope this helps!