BodyFX vs SculpSure for permanent fat reduction?

Which is better for permanent fat reduction? Im thinking about either doing the front of my thighs from the knees all the way up or the bacj of my hips right above my butt. I know sculpsure kills the fat cells does bodyfx kill the fat cells too or does it just empty it?

Sculpsure

SculpSure™ is FDA- approved and highly effective in killing fat cells in unwanted areas such as flanks, abdomen, upper arms, thighs, knees, and other locations with fat deposits. The heating energy of the SculpSure™ laser also causes the production of collagen and elastin, the two necessary building blocks for youthful, healthy skin. Collagen and elastin will help the treated area look firmer and younger. For better results, I recommend getting a in person consultation with a board-certified dermatologist.

Sculpsure is the way to go

Sculpsure is FDA approved for fat reduction. It is always expensive and time consuming to get FDA approval so that Cynosure (who makes the Sculpsure laser) asked for approval just for stomach and love handles, knowing that it would clearly work on other fatty areas. A treatment only takes 25 minutes and you can go directly to the gym after a treatment (i did after i did my love-handles)

Most people will need two Sculpsure treatments, spaced ideally 6 weeks apart. if someone is more heavy set or has somewhat more fat, they may want a third (or rarely even more) treatments to the area. The advantage of seeing a board certified plastic surgeon's office for your Sculpsure, is they are in the best position to see if Sculpsure is best for you, or possible another technique. There are very, very side effects or complications from Sculpsure. 

Bodyfx requires 6-12 treatments done weekly and claims to reduce fat AND help cellulaze. i am skeptical of a treatment that claims to do both well. 

good luck

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

#Sculpsure/#Body Contouring/ #Hi Definition Prcoedures

Sculpsure is a noninvasive 1060nm diode laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future.

The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks.

The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health.

The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician. It is protective since it alternates heating and cooling.

It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat.

If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12.

If you notice lumps after (which I've never seen) I would recommend massage. You should also alert your surgeon.  No compression garment required.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of our patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment.

I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results.

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals.

Take care,

Dr Schwartz

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS

SculpSure

Thank you for your question. SculpSure is the most convenient method for busy patients who want an effective treatment that won't disrupt everyday life. It has been clinically proven to non-surgically reduce the amount of fat in the treated areas (flanks/abdomen) by 25% in just 25 minutes for most patients. I suggest that you move forward and consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Body FX vs Sculpsure for permanent fat reduction

Sculpsure is FDA approved for permanent fat reduction.   Body FX is not designed for permanent fat reduction. The area you are interested in having treated is not an area that is FDA approved for Sculpsure so that would be an off-label use.   See a physician who can advise you if the results you are seeking would be achievable with Sculpsure or if you should consider liposuction as a possible  more effective alternative

Susan Chapman, MD
Kailua OB/GYN

Permanent Fat Reduction--BodyFX Versus Sculpsure Versus Vaser Hi Def

Most likely a combination approach is needed. For best results, I recommend combining Sculpsure with Vanquish and Venus Legacy/Exilis Ultra treatments. However, you can get great results with VASER, ThermiRF, and ultrasound, if you're a candidate. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Bo--what is it?

The infrared laser of SculpSure is researched, FDA approved and works and is safe (part of the FDA approval process). The BodyFX is electrical in its energy source which can be ineffective or over effective--not FDA approved. Now, we are talking about non-fda approved locations for SculpSure, and of course BodyFX. Anything is possible, but SculpSure has FDA approval for Abdomen and flanks and a wealth of experience in other areas not yet approved. The principles of SculpSure in these other areas can be extrapolated for "off-label" use which is not true if not approved in the first place like BodyFX. It is unclear to me why one would offer this before FDA approval.   

Lawrence Eisenhauer, MD
Encinitas OB/GYN

SculpSure for Permanent Fat Reduction

I am not familiar with BodyFX, but I can tell you that SculpSure uses the latest, cutting-edge technology to efficiently eliminate up to 25% of fat in an area and has incredible patient satisfaction rates. Another aspect of SculpSure that makes it so appealing is it's ability to treat an area in only 25 minutes with zero downtime. SculpSure is proven to work, which is why I think it is the best option for permanent fat removal.

Dennis Gross, MD

SculpSure is best for localized areas of fat

SculpSure is best for localized areas of fat.  It uses a laser to destroy, on average, 25% of the targeted area.  It sounds like you are talking about treating an entire thigh, liposuction would be a better choice, SculpSure would not be indicated here.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Different Technologies for Different Applications

Typically we use SculpSure for permanent fat reduction in spot areas such as hips, thighs, abdomen, etc. The frequency of laser light is absorbed by the fat cells causing permanent destruction. BodyFX and other radio-frequency technologies have been around for a while and seem to be best suited for cellulite and skin tightening. We often will use Pellefirm (another radio-frequency technology) to go in after SculpSure and tighten any remaining loose skin. The radio-frequency technologies usually take several treatments. The SculpSure typically needs one or two treatments. 

David U. Lipsitz, MD
Charlotte Physician