How long after Breast Reduction before I can leave the house and do small social things?

More specifically, if I have my BR on the morning of December 2nd and my post-op/drain-removal scheduled for December 4th, will I be okay to go to a quiet, sit-down concert on the evening of December 5th if I rest up beforehand and someone else drives?

Ask your surgeon

Every surgeon has his or her own post op protocol so ask your surgeon. In general, I suggest that my patients take it easy for at least the first week. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Most patients are up and about the day after breast reduction.

I personally don't use drains for breast reduction. My patients are permitted to be up and about the next day providing proper protection to the breasts.

Breast reduction and activity

It is possible that a few days after surgery, you might be able to sit at a concert.  It is always best to ask your surgeon and see how your post-op goes.

Congratulations on deciding to have breast reduction surgery. This is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.
Always best to run these type of postoperative care instruction questions by your plastic surgeon who knows your history and is ultimately responsible for your care.
Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Breast reduction: activity after surgery

Usually 2 weeks is safe. Some discomfort, swelling and discoloration of the breasts are to be expected for several weeks. Usually, our patients return to almost normal activity within two weeks. 

#macromastia
#breastreduction

Breast reduction

You do want to take it easy after surgery. Also you do want to get out of the house a few days later and walk around the house after surgery as well. It really is a case by case basis but two weeks later you should be able to do most social things.

Norman M. Rowe, MD