I can feel implant folds on both upper inner corner and lower inner corner, what should I do?

I had BA surgery 4weeks ago and recently I can feel that there are two folds on both of my upper corner and lower corner of right breast. They are not visible but I can definitely feel them. I have a slightly bigger gap between my breasts and I can tell that the porcket on right side is slightly smaller (not very visible). It bothers me so much now and I am wondering is there anyway I can get rid of these folds without a revision surgery?

Postop Breast Augmentation

Chloe.   I understand your concern, but way too early in your postop course to worry. You need to heal and your body adjust to your implants. Keep in touch with your surgeon, good luck!

Implant palpability

Most implants can be felt in the lower pole. If it really bothers you then sometimes fat grafting or ADM's can be inserted to soften the feel.

Implant displacement massage

Dear  Chloe,

Front and side view pictures would have been very helpful. Since you asked about non surgical method to improve on your condition, I would recommend intense implants displacement massage that hopefully, will stretch your capsule and let the implants settle in a natural way. If after 2-3 months of implants displacement massage , no improvement occurs, consideration should be given to revision surgery, since your condition is bothering you so much. Most likely, capsulotomy (scar release ) will be necessary to help the implants to settle down.

Obviously, your best option is always to discuss it with surgeon who knows you and your surgery best.

Dr Widder

Can feel the implant

Thank you for your question.  One month post op is too soon to evaluate the final "settling" of your implants.  Best to wait a full 4-6 months before considering a final result.  I wish you good luck.

Post op Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question. After one month your implants are still healing and settling. Because your breasts are still tight, you can feel the edges of the implants. As your breast tissue accommodates to the implants, they will soften and in most cases will go away. In my experience, It takes about 12 weeks for the implants to settle and up to 1 year to heal. Give it a little more time. I would also recommend that you discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon for reassurance.

Drop & Fluff

Thank you for your question. As others have stated- without an exam or photos it is difficult to comment meaningfully on your situation. At one month post op, tissues can be tight still and implants displaced up and outward slightly. Contours are expected to change as tissues soften, swelling resolves and implants drop  and fluff. I recommend that you speak with your Plastic Surgeon in person to assess your progress.

All the best

Thank you for your question and I am sorry that your current result has caused you concern. After placement of implants, the overall appearance of the breasts will change dramatically over the next several months, as the implants drop, and the overlying tissue stretches to accommodate the extra volume. In your case the swelling from surgery is flattening your implants and holding them high on your chest, likely causing the palpability of the implant along both inner aspects of your breasts.  As your swelling resolves, the volume within the implant will redistribute towards the lower portion of your breast achieving a more natural appearance and will likely improve this feeling of folds.   I know waiting is difficult, but judge your results at 4-6 months after surgery as most of your breast changes should have occurred by then. Hope this helps.

Without examining you or seeing photos its difficult to give specific advice. If you are unhappy then you should follow up with your surgeon to be examined and to discuss your concerns. Best of luck! 

Mathew A. Plant, MD, FRCSC

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to assess the problem you are experiencing without a photo or in person assessment. It would be best to schedule an in person follow up with your surgeon to discuss your concerns. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Feeling the implant

Thanks for the great question. What you are likely feeling is the folds of the implant. Depending on if you have the implant placed above or below the muscle you may be able to feel more of the implant. If it's below the muscle usually the portion of the implant on the side of the breast is palpable. However, if the implant is above the muscle, you may be able to feel almost all of the implant. Since you're only 4 weeks out from surgery, there is still a lot of changes to happen with the breast as it gets used to having the implant there. In my opinion, wait at least 3-6 months to see how things look and feel. As always, if you have any concerns, it's always best to go talk to you surgeon. I hope this helps!

~Dr. Sieber