2 weeks post op ripples?

Hi, I'm 2 weeks post op with textured silicone overs 375cc. In a thin person and have breastfeed 4 kids so lost a lot of volume. The surgeon told me I could go over as I had more than 3cm of breast tissue. I've started noticing for the last few days I can feel the implants and ripples. Will these settle over time when the capsule has formed properly and will cover them ?

Rippling after breast augmentation?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast surgery. It is possible, that as a capsule forms around the breast implant, that the breast implant rippling may improve. This is unpredictable; only time will tell.  If not, conversion to the sub muscular pocket plus/minus use of acellular dermal matrix will be options to improve your situation. Best wishes.

Ripples at two weeks

Palpability is always an issue and most people can feel there implants especially in the lower pole. Rippling is a visible issue and if you are seeing it now, it is likely to get worse with time.

Sub glandular breasts augmentation with textured implants

Dear Virginian,   Front and side view pictures of your before and after pictures would have been very helpful and I sorry about your concerns.   I have been in practice for 29 years and performed breasts augmentation surgery on thousands of patients. I used almost exclusively smooth, round, moderate profile saline implants(for many reasons), all placed under the muscle through a sub areola incision , to the delight of my patients.    So, it is obvious that I am completely in disagreement with the procedure that you just had. Having said that , you are very early in the healing process. I would recommend to wait 3-6 months and reassess your situation. If you are still unhappy with your result, consults with other experience board certified plastic surgeons, who are comfortable with converting sub glandular to sub muscular breasts augmentation. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with nice cleavage, perky, symmetrical and natural look. Also check the reviews on 'RealSelf' for ratings and positive experience reports.                            All the best,                                                  Dr Widder

Ripples after breast augmentation

I wish I could tell you that rippling after breast surgery will improve when a capsule forms around the implants, but one doesn't know this at as early as this time after the surgery. It truly becomes an issue of the size of the breast implants as well as the thickness of the breast tissue that covers the implants.  Child birth, nursing of the children, weight loss and most importantly the basic breast thickness all will determine this for you.
Good luck to you.
Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

2 weeks post op ripples?

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your breast augmentation.  Without a series of pictures to demonstrate your concern it is difficult to offer definite recommendations but I would allow your results time to mature and the tissues to relax and settle before assessing any current rippling.  After six months if your results have not materially changed for the positive, speak to your surgeon about your concerns.

Implant rippling

thanks for your question and congratulations on choosing breast augmentation. It's always difficult to understand without an examination what is going on. Unfortunately I would say rippling or feeling of implants never gets better. If you had thick breast tissue to cover implants and they were placed correctly, then palpability should be less likely. At this point the best thing is to give it time and see how they settle. There is not much you can do at this point to alleviate it. Best wishes.

2 weeks post op ripples?

Hi thanks for your question.Sorry to say that in the future you will need to remove your implants and repositioning theses  "under you pectoral muscles" . This will make these less noticeable, more natura and will avoid rippling.

Adolfo Sesto, MD