Sexual activities after breast augmentation?

I'm 18 days post op, excuse my word but my husband wants to touch and play with my breast. Is it okay to let him to things with my breast? I'm concern that if touch it or suck my nipples it might cause some problems? I want to be careful with it as much as I can. Thank you

Post op sex

Since every surgeon has his or her own unique post op protocol, ask your surgeon. I typically advise my patients to avoid sex for the first two weeks and then to take it easy for the next two weeks. After 4 weeks, all bets are off. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sexual Activity After Breast Aug

Dear enahs01,

Every office is going to have different protocol. We recommend no sexual activities for the first two weeks after surgery, but I am well aware that this admonition is frequently ignored. Having said that, my recommendation is wait two weeks before resuming sexual activities but take care. Four weeks after surgery you should have no restrictions whatsoever.

You must have had a good result judging by your husband’s reaction.

Best of luck.

Robert D. Wilcox, MD

Robert D. Wilcox, MD

Sexual Activities After Breast Augmentation

Thank you very much for your question, it is a very common one after breast augmentation.

Every surgeon has different protocols following breast augmentation, with different restrictions and timelines.  I recommend contacting your surgeon and asking what their recommendations are.  Best of luck!

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Thank you for your question. This is a very common question and one that is best answered by your board-certified plastic surgeon since each practice have their own protocol. I generally recommend 1 month before soft touching and 6-8 weeks before more vigorous activity but make sure you listen to your body. If anything causes you pain or discomfort, slow dow.
It would always be best to visit or contact your board-certified plastic surgeon and get a full assessment for your concerns. Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Sexual activity post op

Generally speaking I tell my patients they can return to normal activity at the end of three weeks.  But definitely check with your surgeon and follow his/her advise.    Good Luck!

Richard Rosenblum, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Sexual activities following breast augmentation

I generally recommend 1 month before soft touching and 6-8 weeks before more vigorous activity.  Keep in mind that even at these time periods, you need to listen to your own body.  If something is causing pain, back off a bit.  Start gentle and see how your body responds.  If it does ok, you may gradually progress.  
While this is my advice, different physicians answer this differently based on their experience so please speak with your surgeon directly.
For more information on breast augmentation, please visit the link below.

W. Bryant Walker, MD
Jackson Physician

Sexual activities and breast surgery, some advices:

Thanks for the question!

I recommend you to wait at least 15 days to start sexual activities and the activity with the breast a month after surgery with soft treat. 

Respectfully, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Sexual activities after breast augmentation

Your breasts may look like a masterpiece, but there’s no need to hang a “Please Don’t Touch the Art” sign on them. Breast augmentation is an investment that you can enjoy. There’s no need for a “You Break It, You Buy It” sign either. Your breast implants aren’t fragile. 

Ask your surgeon his or her opinion. I tell my patients that it’s best to wait at least three weeks before “being a little rough”; then be sure to listen to their body. They might feel sore or uncomfortable, but it won’t harm their implants – unless their partner can squeeze breasts with significantly more force than a mammogram does. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths."

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Sexual activity after breast augmentation

This is a commonly asked question. The simple answer is to ask your plastic surgeon because every surgeon has his or her different protocol. However, in my practice, I counsel patients that they can begin vigorous sexual activities after 6 weeks. Gentle sexual handling of the breasts can occur at 4 weeks depending on how sore you are. Prior to this time, it is not a good idea to handle the breasts, except for controlled implant massaging, which I typically begin at one week after surgery. Hope this helps. good luck and congratulations on your new look!

Dr. Ravi Somayazula

Ravi Somayazula, DO
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Sexual activity activity after breast augmentation.

Thank you for your question. This is an important question. Every surgeon has his or her protocol regarding this issue. Vigorous activity with breast handling is best to occur six weeks after the surgery. Sexual activity without handling the breasts aggressively may be able to occur as early as four weeks. This is something that you need to discuss with your plastic surgeon.