C-section after tummy tuck? (Photos)

I had an extended tummy tuck with out muscle repair in May 2015 I got pregnant soon after and only gained 20 pounds I have 8 pounds to lose to get to pre pregnancy weight I'm 10 days post partum my question is is this ridge swelling as I was completely flat before and I have a hard lump under my c section scar I'm unsure if this is my uterus or swelling etc do you think il need scar revison surgery

C-section after tummy tuck?

Congratulations on your recent delivery. Yours is one of those situations where only "time will tell".  It is most likely, that the firmness you are feeling underneath the C-section scar is related to the fresh scarring.  As you know, the appearance/feel of the scar  will improve over the course of the next several months/year.  Having said that, many patients who undergo C-section surgery end up with a "ledge" about the C-section scar. I would not be surprised if you end up benefiting from revisionary tummy tuck surgery down the line.

For now, I would suggest that you enjoy your newborn...Best wishes. 

Post Pregnancy

Congratulations on your new pregnancy. Make sure you have an experienced Obstetrician & Gynecologist who should be able to go through your current transverse scar and repair your abdomen adequately.

He /she should have no problem sewing you up as all structures will be stretched from pregnancy. Wait at least a year after all pregnancies finished before re-presenting for possible tummy tuck.

Keep your post-op course simple and it will be happy.

Geoffrey Barnett, MBBS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Revision will almost certainly be necessary

It looks as though you are going to need a revision of your tummy tuck.  Certainly the lower abdomen will need to be revised.

Well done

Firstly well done on your recent delivery.  I agree with the other surgeons that it would be best to wait to see how your tummy muscles and skin contracts with time.

The skin is likely to tighten and the appearance improve over the next few weeks and months.   I think it would be best to wait at least 3 months before considering corrective surgery.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy your new baby.

C-section after tummy tuck? (Photos)

It's way too early to tell and with a 10 day old at home there isn't much you can do about it at this point. Wait 3-6 months to see what happens and if it still hasn't resolved then get a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon near you. Hope that helps! 

Mathew A. Plant, MD, FRCSC

Needs time

This will need six to nine months to settle down.
Hard to tell this early if you will benefit from simple scar revision, or liposuction.
A full redo tummy tuck will not be likely from the photos.

Dr Derby

10 days post birth is so difficult to tell you anything about your future contours. Your body really needs time to get back in form again... they say that a full pregnancy is 9 months pregnant and then 9 months to unpregnant. Give your body time to get back in its natural form, after a few months you can start exercising as well and 12 months after you can evaluate for yourself if you are happy with what you see in the mirror. Best of luck 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD