I'm going for my first carboxtheraphy for my under eye. Is it safe?

I'm worried that I might have a reaction and that it might look worse. Carboxtheraphy on dark circles

Thanks for your query. It is absolutely safe to get Carboxytherapy and works very well on under eye dark circles. Carboxytherapy works very well for the vascular pooling. The lack of appropriate oxygenation to the lower eyelid skin allows the bluish cast to show through the thin skin of the eyelids. Carboxytherapy works to improve the capillary network of the lower eyelids, as well as to increase the dermal collagen layer in the lower eyelid skin. By injecting a small amount of carbon dioxide gas into the affected areas, blood flow is increased and improved capillary networks are formed for longer lasting circulatory benefit. The bluish cast is replaced with a healthy pink tone. Once a series of treatments is completed, the skin has a more luminous appearance that lasts approximately six months. Hope it helps

All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

Is Carboxy therapy safe?

Carboxy therapy is very safe, and great for under eye fullness/wrinkling, and darkness. We've been using it in our office for years with excellent results. We generally recommend that patients sign up for 10 treatment packages in order to guarantee them a significant result. However, some patients may require more than 10 sessions in order to get the results they're looking for. After that, we recommend follow up every six months for one treatment in order to maintain their result.

Wendell G. Miles, MD
Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon

Carboxytherapy under eyes

We have been using Carboxy therapy for undereye wrinkling and darkness for years.  The deposition of the carbon dioxide causes the body to release oxygen in the area, which stimulates collagen production.  It is safe as long as it is done by a seasoned practitioner.

Laura E. Skellchock, MD (in memoriam)
Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon