How long after a breast augmentation till I can start bowling?
Doctor Answers 9
Will need some time
It could be longer due to the need for your body to adjust to the larger implants.
You will need to wait to see.
Bowling after breast augmentation
Theodore T. Nyame MD
You might also like...
Bowling after breast augmentation
Breast augmentation - how soon can I be bowling again
- Unless you are a very big woman, a 600 cc implant will be a big implant for you.
- I assume they are going under the muscle -
- So you may be too sore to bowl for at least 3 - 4 weeks.
- But everyone is different -
- My advice to my patients is to start back to exercise either at 2 weeks or when the pain is gone.
- Ask your own surgeon what her/his advice is to you - s/he will know all about your health and can give you the best advice.
- Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
How long after a breast augmentation till I can start bowling
Breast Augmentation: Information
Thank you for your questions and information.
Each Plastic Surgeon has their own SPECFIC recovery protocol and instructions.
I suggest you ask these questions to your chosen Plastic Surgeon.
However, I hope you find the following information hopeful.
All muscles when stretched or contracted result in pain (example a "Charlie horse").
The muscle will take 6-8 weeks to conform/stretch to the dimensions of the implant. I refer to this as "seating" of the implant.
I have my patients follow our "5-5-5" protocol.
Beginning the day after surgery (as pain tolerates) we begin breast massage to help stretch the muscle by implant displacement and prospectively modulate the capsule to the shape and position that the woman wants her breast to look like.
5 minutes a day
5 days a week
5 x weeks
I personally think recovery is more rapid with intraoperative injection of local anesthesia into the muscle and postoperative use of a 3 day constant infusion of local anesthesia via a non narcotic pain pump helps keep the muscle relaxed during the first several days of stretching as it becomes more relaxed.
To obtain the desired final appearance of the breasts (every Plastic Surgeon has their own recommendations) Here are mine:
1) fist 2-3 days take it easy at home and "ice" the breasts
2) begin displacement exercises ("5-5-5" protocol) as pain permits. Breasts immediately look good in bra or bathing suit but need to "seat" to look good in the nude.
3) Return to work when you feel you can. Earlier for non required upper body
users and longer if your arms are needed. Good judgment prevails.
4)first 6 weeks exercise as pain limits
5)after 6 weeks exercise without limitations
6) 2-3 months for breast implants to "seat"
I trust you have chosen a experienced Plastic Surgeons who is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and who is ideally members of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (denoting by membership as having met additional criteria and a focus on Cosmetic Plastic Surgery).
My best wishes and success,
R. A. Hardesty, MD, FACS
Diplomate and Certified by the Am. Bd. of Plastic Surgery
4646 Brockton Ave
Riverside, Ca 92506
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.