Can I have Botox the day before microneeedling?

Botox and Microneedling

Yes you can have Botox and microneedling in the same day. Botox will have to be injected after microneedling treatment to reduce the risk of the Botox spreading. After receiving Botox do not lie down or massage the area for four hours. No exercising for 24 hours after injection.

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Botox the day before microneeedling?

We recommend that you wait 2 weeks after Botox before any treatments, but you can have microneedling done first and then have your Botox.

Mahmood Kara, MD

Botox and micro-needling timing

Botox and micro-needling can be performed safely on the same day if the Botox is injected after micro -needling. It is best to avoid pressure on your face, which will occur with micro-needling, after Botox injections to avoid spreading the effect of Botox beyond the intended site. 

Renuka Diwan, MD
Cleveland Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox before microneedling

Yes, you can have botox injections before microneedling the day before. Although the full effect of botox can take up to 1 week, the theoretical concern of botox result being affected by the procedure would be mainly within the first several hours post botox injection (even though these treatments are sometimes combined by expert injectors). You plan of separating these procedures on alternate days is an appropriate. 

Andrei Metelitsa, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologic Surgeon

Microneedling after Botox

In my opinion and what I prefer is to do them both on the same day and the Botox after the micro-needling to reduce the risk of the Botox spreading. Another option would be to wait 3 to 7 days after the Botox to do Micro-Needling. Please consult a local professional in your area. Thank you for your question.

Don't worry! Botox and Microneedling/PRP can even be on the SAME day!

I often combine these procedures on the same day, although theoretically many think you should not as there is risk of spreading the Botox to areas you did not want it to go.  I have not found this to occur whether the Botox is injected first or later.  Botox takes 2 weeks to work completely.  See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox before microneedling

I would wait a week before Microneedling to make sure that the Botox does not migrate while the area is being pressed or manipulated during the Microneedling procedure.

Dr. Ort

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and microneedling

It would be a good idea to wait at least another day, because of the pressure and movement of the microneedling procedure.

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Hello, and thanks for your question. This should not be a problem, but I would not do the two in the same day. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with an expert. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox followed by microneedling

Botox injections 24 hours prior to microneedling should be perfectly fine.  Botox injections are performed in a layer of facial tissue beneath the skin.  Microneedling is performed within the more superficial layers of the skin.  I would wait the 24 hours only because microneedling requires some pressure when it is being performed and you should avoid pressure to your face where Botox has been placed for at least 24 hours to prevent inadvertent dispersal of the Botox.

Philip S. Schoenfeld, MD, FACS
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon