Will Cool Sculpting help rid a hanging bag over my pubic area?

15 yrs ago I had surgery to remove an "apron" fat roll from my lower stomach. After a few years a hanging bag of fat had formed under the tummy tuck incision & hangs over my upper vaginal area. Last year I had lipo but it didn't remove it. Very little fat seems to be removed & the bag is now less dense & flimsy. I feel like a freak. My husband no longer has sex with me. Please help, what can I do?

SculpSure

Thank you for your question. SculpSure is the best option for the general removal of subcutaneous fat and for overall toning of the belly and flanks region. I suggest that you move forward and consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. An in-person examination will allow you two to determine a treatment plan that meets your desires. 

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting about the pubic area.

Thank you for your question.  Sorry to hear about your current state.  Best to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  They will be able to give you a wide choice of options, (CoolSculpting, Liposuction, Direct excision, etc.). Review your reasonable goals with them, and together you will make a plan.

Jeffrey J. Roth, MD, FACS

You May Require a Surgical Procedure

You're not alone - many women go through a similar experience as a result of pregnancy, weight loss, or simply because of the effects of time, and find that they are unhappy with certain parts of their body. Without seeing photos or being able to evaluate you personally, it's difficult to say what the best solution is for you. It sounds like what you're describing involves not just unwanted fat, which is what CoolSculpting can treat, but also excess skin. CoolSculpting is unfortunately unable to remove excess or sagging skin. However, there are many body contouring procedures that can take care of exactly these concerns. You should have a consultation with a highly experienced board certified plastic surgeon who can examine you in person and advise you further.

CoolSculpting® can eliminate excess fat, but not excess skin.

Without a photo, it’s hard to say if CoolSculpting® will be able to address your concerns. Although certainly CoolSculpting® offers an excellent nonsurgical solution for eliminating specific, isolated pockets of fat, I’m concerned that what you’re describing may actually be the result of loose, excess skin that only surgery could resolve. I recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in body contouring (both surgical and nonsurgical) and see which approach he or she advises for you.

Gary Motykie, MD

Coolsculpting for Pubic Area

Sorry for your distress. Coolsculpting is an effective nonsurgical fat reduction procedure that has been approved by the FDA for the abdomen, love handles, and inner and outer thighs. Other areas can effectively be treated on an off label basis. However, patient selection is key. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who offers both surgical options and coolsculpting to determine what treatment option best fits your needs and objectives.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Coolsculpting is safe and effective- but (like any other tool) only when used appropriately

Hi there-

I LOVE Coolsculpting! It definitely works and is definitely safe in the elimination of unwanted subcutaneous fat.

Please understand, however, that this does NOT mean that Coolsculpting is going to be effective at improving or eliminating anything that a patient sees bulging pr protruding from an area of their body. 

In the diagnosis and appropriate treatment of any body contouring problem, it is critical that the patient's body and contour problem be considered in three dimensions and that structural problems that may require addressing the skin and or the muscular support layer be prioritized. If all patient's (some of whom have problems in their muscle layer, some who have skin sagging problems, and some who have both) with unwanted bulges are treated with Coolsculpting, there will be many patients who are unhappy with their choice and with Coolsculpting... When the reality is that the treatment works great- they just didn't get what they wanted because it wasn't what was best for them. 

In order to be sure that Coolsculpting is what would give you tour best outcome, I would strongly encourage you to see a provider who can offer you all options for improvement- whether it be liposuction, a revision of your surgical procedure, or Coolsculpting. 

I hope this is helpful to you-

CoolSculpting reduces lower abdominal fat and may also cause skin tightening.

Dear writer, CoolSculpting has been shown to successfully eliminate excess fat in the lower abdomen (see photos) as well as the supra pubic area (lowermost abdominal fat, above the pubic area). Now with various sizes of applicators available, the ability to remove smaller pockets of fat is greater. Provided that the skin over the area of excess fat is not extremely lax or loose, what patients have been experiencing is not only a reduction of the fat pocket, but also significant lifting and tightening of the overlying skin. Please see pictured example of pendulous abdominal fat treated with CoolSculpting which resulted in reduction of fat as well as tightening of the skin.

Pubic area excess

Hi.  These issues are usually a combination of loose skin, together with extra fat.  I'd recommend direct surgical excision, rather than liposuction or cool sculpting.  It can be removed, not to worry!