Belotero vs. Belafill for under eyes? I have under eye troughs and painfully thin skin. Whis is better Belotero or Belafill?

Does Belotero help me build my own collagen at all? I'm 44 and leaning toward Belotero. Is there any danger of bagging (a problem I don't have and don't want to get from injections since I have enough problems as is). Is it just a short acting option or does it have any long term benefits at all?

Belotero vs Bellafill

The undereye region is a common issue and there are a few fillers that work very well here, such as belotero or restylane.  Bellafill is considered a permanent filler as it has been shown to last at least five years, if not longer.  For this reason, I would not recommend this filler for this area in case you do not like the results.  All the best, Dr. Attenello.

Belotero under the Eyes

I would not recommend Bellafill for the under eye areas.  Belotero and Restyane are two great products for the under eye area.  It is imperative to consult an expert for this delicate under eye area.  Best, Dr. Green

Dark Circles, Eyelid Wrinkles/Bags -- Restylane , Voluma, or Belotero with Cannulas, Clear+Brilliant, Eclipse Micropen, Viva

I suggest something like voluma for long term and belotero for fine wrinkles short term.  I do not use permanent fillers in this area.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Filler for Under Eyes

I would recommend neither for the under eye area. Belotero was touted as good for this area since it absorbed less water than other fillers. I learned the hard way that this may be true, but you can still get significant puffiness if you put it above the orbital septum (the tissue connecting the skin to the bony orbital rim, above which the thin skin is) where it was suggested. I and most other experts now put nothing above the septum. I went back to using Radiesse below the septum and have since switched to Juvederm Voluma. This eliminates the hollow and does not risk the puffiness caused by the other method. The Voluma is more expensive than Belotero, but does a better job with less risk (when done by an expert) and lasts more than twice as long.(See ExpertInjector.org and PlasticSurgeryToday.com/juvederm-voluma-xc/)

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon