Breast augmentation. I'm an A cup I would like to be in between a B&C cup.I'm 90lbs 5ft.

I feel as of a full C would be too much boob for me.I just had a consultation I tried on 300cc and a 350cc implant. He said the 300cc was a B cup size and the 350cc is a C cup. I felt weird in the C cup size as if it were a bit much and the B cup was a bit to small.He said he liked the bigger breast better.I just don't know what size would look best in me.I haven't seen much of a size in between both those sizes.Is there any other surgeons in the OC area with any recommendations?

Breast Augmentation Size

Breast Implant Size is a combination of subjective and objective criteria.There is not a direct correlation between the cc's of a breast implant and the corresponding cup size, as cup size is an inexact measurement that varies considerably among companies and even within the same company. Online consultants will not be able to guide you as well as surgeons who perform in person consultation.

The size of the implants are based on a combination of a patient's goals and objectives and her anatomy. In order to provide a natural looking augmentation, the surgeon needs to evaluate many factors including soft tissue coverage, skin laxity, chest wall width, breast imprint width, the shape of the breasts and relative level of constriction to ensure that the breast implants are appropriate for your body.

Consult in person with 3 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options.

What size breast implants should I get?

Size of breast implants is really personal. WE do offer a unique system where you can see what it would look like on your body. We also offer tremendous financing options. Not too late for summer!

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant size

Go with the size you feel more comfortable wearing. Go back and try on the implants with a dress or top you like. That way you can get a better idea of what you want to achieve.

Susan Kaweski, MD

Breast Augmentation and Bra Cup Size

Thank you for the photos and your concerns. When placing implant sizers inside a an unpadded sports bra I tell my patients to focus more on appearance than on bra cup size. Bra cup sizes are not well standardized. One retailer may say you are a B cup and another will give a different answer. I also have my patients do more than one sizing session and find that few patients are unhappy with the size chosen. Please ask for another sizing session or get a second opinion. It takes an operation to change implant size so you need to feel comfortable with your choice! 

David S. Motoki, MD
Draper Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question and photos.  I would say you are an excellent candidate for Breast Augmentation. If you feel you are in between the 300 and 350cc implants then I would suggest you consider 325cc.  Consultations are generally complimentary so if you are still uncertain then I would see some more Board Certified Plastic Surgeons in your area. Best of luck to you

Milind K. Ambe, MD

Finding the right size

Thanks for your question and photos.  There are a number of variables that go into picking the right size implant.  If based on your measurements you could safely go with a 300 or 350cc implant, then you have to decide if you are afraid of being too small or too large after surgery.  Based on what you have described, it sounds like you are more afraid of being too big after surgery.  In that case I would tend to recommend that a patient go with the small of the the two implant choices. Best of luck!

Josh Waltzman, MD, MBA
Long Beach Physician

Breast augmentation sizing

Hello kim092193, hope all is well and that you are having a great start to your weekend, thank you for the question and photos. A bra cup size does not equate with implant size. My best recommendation to you is to seek a few consultations with board certified plastic surgeons to better review your case and make the best plan for surgery, taking into account what your desired results are. One thing that I recommend my patients is to bring goal pictures. Many women when they come for a consultation have an idea of what size implant they want. It is a good habit to bring to your consultation photos of what you expect; it is equally important to show your surgeon photos you don't like. Take a look at the web reference link of a blog post I wrote, I think you will find it helpful, best of luck on your transformation journey. 

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Breast augmentation. I'm an A cup I would like to be in between a B&C cup.I'm 90lbs 5ft

Thanks for your question. The shape of your breasts and the amount of skin that you have leaves many options available to you. Avoiding becoming overly large I think is rather important and I agree with your idea of seeking a conservative augmentation. Many manufacturers make implants that are in the range between 300 and 350 ccs and these might possibly be ideally suited for you.  My advice is to make certain that you have confidence in your selected surgeon and explain the size and contour that you would like to achieve and allow him/her to use their best judgment during surgery to select the final implant. Seeing the actual shape and size of your breast with an actual implant/sizer in place allows in my opinion the greatest accuracy in fulfilling my patients goals.Good luck to you and best wishes for a good result. Enjoy the video above.  If you are not satisfied with your surgeon than obviously should seek other opinions. Best wishes.

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

What size implants are right for me

Hi and thank you for your inquiry. It doesn't sound like you were given very good advice. The goal of the surgery is to make sure you get the results you want. Not what the surgeon thinks is nice. My suggestion is to set up a few more consultations with reputable board certified plastic surgeons in the area. Consider finding a practice  like ours that uses the Vectra 3-D imaging system. We use this high-tech software to show you what you would look like with any size or style implant you're interested in. It's a great way for you to figure out what is too small, too big, and just right for you and your goals. Most importantly,  you need to find a plastic surgeon that you can feel comfortable with and confident in. Somebody who listens to your goals and comes up with the right plan to make that happen.
Dr West

Justin West, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants / Breast Augmentation / Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants / Silicone Implants / Breast Implant Revision Surgery

Thank you for your question. Before you make your final decision on size and shape of implants I would suggest that you meet again with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon again and go over your concerns and why you feel a specific implant would give you the results you desire. Your surgeon should be able to explain to you why they are recommending the size they are according to your current breast measurements including your chest width and your desired outcome. Your Surgeon should be able to advise you thoroughly on your options.

We have all our Breast Surgery patients not only utilize our 3D imaging so they can get a real visual on what the implants will look like on them but also to actually try on the different size implants with a tight bra and t-shirt to see what they might expect. That way they have a good visual of what a 450cc implant will do as opposed to a 350cc implant for example. You want to make sure that you see a surgeon that will listen to you and your goals for the procedure and discuss in detail their recommendation for size and shape not only taking into consideration your desired outcome but also your breast measurements before the procedure including your chest dimensions. And then let you try the implants that they feel will give you the desired result so you are in agreement with the size.

Rather than finding a non-certified surgeon that may give you better pricing it can be helpful to find a newer Board Certified Plastic Surgeon that has years of experience in training and surgery-required to become Board Certified in Plastic Surgery but is newer in practice. They have the latest up to date training and highest standards as currently set by the newest technology and are able to pass on to the consumer much better pricing for Breast Augmentation. The manufacturers of the breast implants encourage and assist the newer Certified Plastic Surgeons by giving them special pricing on implants which most will pass on to you, the consumer. Check for special pricing here on RealSelf and make sure the surgeon is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and you may find the perfect Plastic Surgeon for you who is able to work with your budget without cutting corners!