What can I do to correct my breasts? (Photo)

Since age 12 I noticed a difference in the size of my breasts. I recently had a consultation and was told I have at least 6 different deformities/abnormalities associated with my breast. Severe asymmetry,ptosis,tubular breast,one cockeyed nipple,areola too large,hernia in one breast,.... Are there really that many things wrong with my breast and if so what surfer is right for me to correct all these things? I was told that getting implants with my kind of breasts would be "asking for trouble".

Options to improve the breasts

Admittedly, you do not have the most straightforward starting point for a breast enhancement, but at the end this is exactly what cosmetic surgery is meant to be for...
You can surely improve the shape and the asymmetry of your breasts with an uplift, using implants to get more fullness at the top. Areolas would be reduced too.
In my opinion, the improvement could be dramatic, and you should surely discuss this with a surgeon near you. Don't let the experience with your first consultation disappoint you.

London Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

Breast asymmetries are absolutely normal. What you have are tuberous breast, ptosis (sagging), and a size discrepancy. You represent a challenging case but, in the right hands, will see a dramatic improvement. I would likely recommend an augmentation with cohesive gel implants (different sizes to correct the volume discrepancy), a breast lift, and reduction of your areolar diameter. For more detail, I would have to see you in consultation. Best of luck...

Karl Schwarz, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous breasts

I appreciate your question.
You do have tuberous breasts which accounts for the many other things you describe. It is fixable and an implant will assist with this.
We need to lower the fold and release the internal constrictions throughout he areola.
A lift will be needed to decrease the size of the areola

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Tuberous breast corrective surgery is cosmetic

Based on your photos, you have tuberous breasts - which is a description for a spectrum of breast anatomy characterized by an elevated infra-mammary fold, a narrow breast foot print and some degree of areolar dilation. Corrective cosmetic surgery usually combines breast augmentation with breast lift procedures to reshape the breast.

Correcting Breast Shape and Volume

From your appearance, you need to have a lift in combination with an augmentation with silicone implants for the best results. This will significantly improve the shape and appearance of your breasts. This is a complicated operation, so make sure you see an expert in breast surgery in your area.

You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion through an in-person consultation.
Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Correcting your multi-deformed breasts

can be done and what is done depends on what your desire.  A lift at minimum is needed (with a reduction of the larger side) and this will diminish the size of your areolas and elevate them to near level.  Implants will provide you with more fullness if that is what you desire.  Your surgeon was very thorough to point out every difference in your breast but the bottom line is that you can make them better if you wish to.

Curtis Wong, MD

What can I do to correct my breasts?

You have two main issues-breast sagging with stretched out skin and enlarged areolae, and asymmetry both in the size of your breasts and their shape. All of the other terms you mentioned are related to these two issues.
Surgery can certainly correct most of these issues, but absolute symmetry may not be achievable. Your breasts will definitely be much prettier and much more even, just not exactly even (most women do not have exactly even breast anyway).
You will need implants to add volume and a breast lift to elevate the breast, decrease the areolae, and make them more symmetrical. Some surgeons opt to do this in two surgeries, while others like me, do both at the same operation. Some patients, regardless of which approach, will require additional correction once the breast have settled and the shape stabilized.
See a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area.

Breast Correction

Thank you for your questions and photos.  You do have several things that could improve the look, size and shape of the breast and nipple-areolar complex.  Typically in patients like you, I would recommend a breast lift (mastopexy) with or without implants (augmentation).  The lift would reduce the size of the areola and position the nipple in the center of the breast mound while giving the breast a perkier look.  If you also had implants done this would enlarge the breast and give the breast a rounder shape.  You could correct for the size difference with the implants or a mini-reduction on the larger breast. Hope this information helps.
Good Luck!

Jamie Moenster, DO
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

Good day,
A couple of issues would need to be addressed  Your tubular type deformity would need to be lifted and then implants inserted to deal with the volume you would like to be. I think the best result would be a staged procedure, but the possibilities should be discussed with your surgeon. This is a correctable issue and wish you lick. Be sure all your questions are answered.

What can I do to correct my breasts?

If the appearance of your breasts concern you enough to do something about it, a combination of implants to provide greater fullness and a breast lift to improve the position and shape of the breasts will produce the best cosmetic result. Implants alone do not adequately lift the breast when there is significant sagging, no matter the size or the type, and will not produce a good cosmetic result in a patient who also needs some variation of a lift.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue,assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest your plastic surgeon be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person and be very realistic about your potential cosmetic result.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon