Fraxel Laser for Mole Removal Scar ?

I have a mole on my cheek about 3.3 mm in diameter and maybe raised 1-2mm(?) -- quite flat, anyway. I want to get it surgically removed and have spoken to a plastic surgeon about it and know there will be some scarring. I plan to have Fraxel Laser and would like to know how long after the removal would I have to wait to have it, and if it will actually do anything for the scarring. Thanks!

Fraxel Re:Store Can Remove Scar After Mole Removal

Provided that the mole was benign, Fraxel Re:Store can help remove the scar once it heals. I would wait at least two to three weeks before using Fraxel on the scar. Please see a board-certified dermatologist.

San Diego Dermatologist

Fraxel for Mole Removal Scar

The Fraxel can help to reduce the appearance of surgical scars.  The results are quite variable from patient to patient.  I would recommend waiting 2 to 3 months before considered a treatment to allow the scar time to strengthen.  It takes one year for a scar to fully mature, and any treatments prior to this may be premature.  Other lasers such as the Vbeam can reduce the redness of new scars as well.  Best of luck.  

Timothy G. Rodgers, MD, FAAD
Frisco Dermatologist

Fraxel post mole removal

Make sure the mole is benign and completely removed before you start to Fraxel the scar. Some doctors wait two months after surgery before resurfacing in general, but with Fraxel some doctors treat one week after surgery, right after the stitches come out, but I haven’t seen any studies examinig this.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel Laser for Mole Removal Scar

Hi Cub,

You may start Fraxel restore treatments on your fresh scar about 10 to 14 days after your mole removal.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon