Is the fraxel laser good for under eye wrinkles?

I have fine lines directly under my eyes. My doctor applied Botox to the outer eye area (where the lines were very minimal); but I still have fine lines. I've tried Fraxel under my eyes about 6 times last year, and saw a vast improvement. They still bother me though. Should I go back for more Fraxel to build more collagen? Thanks.

Lines under the eyes

my favourite laser for treating lines under the eyes is a combination of Fraxel Re-Store and Fraxel Re-pair. some patients might only need one or the other but I have seen better much lasting results with a combination treatment.

additionally Botox is a great adjunct to the laser treatment

Yes, you may need another fraxel for the lines under your eyes

In my experience, you need both Botox and the Fraxel to have a nice cosmetic result.  The area under the eye is an area that shows aging easily.  Repeat treatments may be needed.  Also, some filler may need to be injected under the trough area as well to have excellent results

Fraxel Can Help Erase Under-Eye Wrinkles

Depending on the depth of your wrinkles, either Fraxel Re:pair or Fraxel Re:store would be appropriate. Both technologies will also stimulate collagen production, which improves the quality of your skin. You may also need some fillers, such as Restylane, and possibly some Botox to prevent further wrinkling. Because Fraxel Re:store is less aggressive than traditional Fraxel, it may take multiple sessions to obtain your desired results. However, there is no downtime after treatment, allowing you to return to daily activities immediately. Please schedule an appointment with a board-certified dermatologist to find out how Fraxel can rejuvenate your under-eye area.

William Groff, DO
San Diego Dermatologist

Fraxel laser is good for teeating under eye wrinkles

I love using Fraxel for fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes. In addition, as the collagen regenerates, tightening in the eyelids can occur. With the use of intraoccular eyeshileds, it is safe to treat the entire eyelids. The more treatments of Fraxel you receive, the better the result. However, the results begin to plateau for fine lines after about the 4th treatment in a one year period. While you will get some additional benefit from a 7th treatment, the law of dimenishing returns applies and you may want to consider alternative treatments such as blepharoplasty. 

Meg Cherry, MD
Birmingham Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel for under eye wrinkles

Fraxel can work well for people with fine lines under their eyes.  Other options include CO2 laser, which produces a more dramatic effect or a lower blepharoplasty if you have excess skin and/or fat.  A plastic surgeon can evaulate you and help you decide what would be the best course of action for you!

Angela Sturm, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fraxel and under eye wrinkles

This device is great for improving under eye wrinkles.  In a younger patient with early lines, I would recommend the Fraxel Restore device.  For deeper wrinkles, it may be time for you to try the Fraxel Repair device to achieve the best results.

Lori Stetler, MD
Dallas Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel works for fine lines and wrinkles

Fraxel works for fine lines and wrinkles but  if your wrinkles are right under your lashes they aren't reached by the laser.  These types of wrinkles are best treated by lower eyelid lift.  Lower lid blepharoplasty is a surgery that involves bruising and a week or two of recovery, longer for all of the swelling to down. If surgery isn't for you, continuing to do the Fraxel is fine.  You have a lot of experience with it and should know what to expect.

Daryl K. Hoffman, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Fraxel for Fine Lines Under The Eyes

Hi,

It sounds like you have had several Fraxel Restores.  Fraxel Restore is a great technology with minimal downtime for fine lines, tightening of pores, and removal of brown spots.  I would say that if you had the Restore treatments on increasing energy settings from 40 J and up and still have the fine lines despite Botox, you may want to consider Repair.  Fraxel Repair is a one time, one week indoor down time for both fine and deep lines on the face and overall facial tightening.  It is more expensive but is usually only a one time treatment that lasts several years unless you have deep acne scars which usually need more than one treament.

Grace Liu, MD
Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Re:store is a good option

It is a great idea to do more Fraxel Re:store. Fraxel Re:pair can also be done, but there is more down time and risk. The latter is a more aggressive procedure. With any resurfacing, fine lines will continue to form because we can not “freeze” the muscle underneath the eyelid without causing a problem.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Consider a fractional CO2 laser

If you had some improvement with the fraxel, but the wrinkles have now returned only after a year, then I would consider something more aggressive. I would reccommend a fractional CO2 laser, which will tighten the skin more than the Fraxel will. There are a number of lasers to choose from, including the DOT, Fraxwl repair, Deep Fx etc. Talk to your Plastic Surgeon and see what they have to offer.

Robert M. Jensen, MD
Medford Plastic Surgeon