Does Fractional Co2 Laser Help with Active Acne?

I was told by a dermatologist that it was one good option to go with the fractional co2 laser even though i still have active acne and scars.

CO2 laser and scars

You should have your acne under good control before considering CO2 laser treatments for your acne scars.

Toronto Dermatologist

CO2 laser and scars

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Toronto Dermatologist

Yes, I have used Fractional CO2 on patients with Mild Acne Outbreaks and Scars without problems

Midfacial acne scars respond well to laser abrasion esp when subcision and fillers are added. Once I have a patient under fair control of their acne, I have found that the skin responds very well to this light based energy: with retexturing, softening, and smoothing out the contour irregulaities. I usually treat patients roughly 6Months apart to allow the redness to fade. M.Lyons,md

Michael B. Lyons, MD, FACS
Mobile Facial Plastic Surgeon

Michael B. Lyons, MD, FACS
Mobile Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fractional CO2 for Active Acne?

Hello.  We would not agree that a fractional CO2 would be effective for active acne.  If the priority was textured (indented) acne scars and the active acne was very mild, this may be a good treatment option.  But if active acne is a significant concern, then we would not opt for a fractional CO2.

Fractional CO2 is good for textural issues, not active acne.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Fractional CO2 for Active Acne?

Harold J. Kaplan, MD