Can dermal fillers be used for a butt lift?

Dermal fillers for butt lifting

Hi and thanks for that question.

It would be nice to have dermal fillers to do a good job for butt lifting but at the moment there are no clear choices for this. Sculptra has been suggested but it is used mainly in the face where small volume increases are required and so it is not so cost effective in the buttocks. Both Sculptra and other so called dermal fillers are temporary and so the large volumes required and likely very temporary improvement could easily become cost prohibitive. I would never advise any permanent filler as they can cause a permanent problem. The only permanent filler for the buttocks that is safe in my opinion is your own fat used as a graft but then of course that is a surgical option.

I hope that this information was helpful for you. 

my very best wishes.

London Plastic Surgeon

Ways to augment the buttock

Since dermal fillers used on the face are temporary, they are not a good choice if you are looking to augment your buttock. I recommend a fat transfer which uses your body's own fat. Consult with a few plastic surgeon's in person for an exam to see if you are a candidate.Best wishes,Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Fillers for buttocks area

Thanks for your question. Dermal fillers are not the first choice to increase the buttocks for two very obvious reasons: 1. The high cost involved and 2. are not permanent. For this reason I recommend you seek other option to increase this part of your body.

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Fillers for Brazil Butt Lift - Fat Transfer

Great question and thank you for your inquiry. Fillers for buttocks augmentation is not recommended to say the least. It would require a substantial amount and would not be permanent. Fat transfer would be the best option for anyone who wants to add volume to their buttocks. You would need a consultation to assure you are a candidate for fat transfer with a board certified plastic surgeon. He/she will assess your body and determine what options are best for you. Best of luck to you, Dr Fouda Neel 

Dermal fillers to butt

Yes it is technically possible, but very impractical.  Most common injectables is hyaluronic acid (Juvederm, Restylane, etc), and the volume required to augment the buttocks to see substantial difference is more than 500-1000 cc.  It is prohibitively expensive and it only lasts a year.  So I recommend not to do such procedure.  Instead, consider fat injection or buttock implants.

Alex Kim, MD

Alex Kim, MD

Dermal fillers for butt lift?

I have unfortunately had many patients come to me after having their high hopes for buttock augmentation crushed by measly Sculptra results. Critical points of awareness are: 1) Sculptra is temporary, it will last 1.5 - 2 years at most, 2) if done correctly dermal fillers like Sculptra are cost prohibitive for 99% of potential buttock augmentation patients. In order to create a significant/noticeable result with a dermal filler, at least 200 mls of product must be injected into each buttock cheek for a total of 400 mls. At $1000 per ml, this equates to a minimum price of $400,000.00. Thus if your doctor is recommending to put in ONLY 20 or 40 mls of sculpture you will pay $20,000-$40,000 and get an insignificant miniscule result!, 3) Do not let anybody tell you that the product is so special that it's going to magically grow over the following months or years...this just doesnt happen to any noticeable degree!, 4) dermal fillers, when injected in large quantities, have a relatively high infection rate, guaranteed tendency to migrate away from the original area they were injected into, and almost always stimulate a lot of inflammation with a subsequent and disastrous amount of scar tissue/hardening, and 5) the one very serious complication that can rarely (< 1%) happen is "embolism" in which some of the filler gets into the blood stream and travels up into the lungs, heart, and/or brain causing serious problems, including death. 

Hope I saved you some money.

Ryan Stanton, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift

Dermal fillers are not FDA approved for use in the butt where fat remains the best and really only legitimate option.  

John Burns, MD