Pain in left breast 8 months after augmentation.

Hello! I had breast augmentation about 8 months ago under the muscle, 385 textured, moderate plus profile. I have one spot on the lower left Breast that is still sore. It seems to be more painful in the morning and less noticeable throughout the day. Everything looks perfect and feels totally normal! But for whatever reason that spot is sore! The skin is still a little numb, but I know that's not it because there are other spots that are like that but don't hurt. Any idea why?

It is sensitive nerve ending

Such sensitivities just happen sometimes with this surgery.  There is no reason to worry. It may get better with time, or may not. 

Neurogenic pain

Your story, in my opinion, is most consistent with neurogenic pain. A bruised nerve from the procedure, as it wakes up, may produce sensitivity. Ask your plastic surgeon for their preference in desensitization modalities. Hope this is helpful. 

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation - one area still sore

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• The most likely explanation is that a tiny nerve branch has not fully recovered.
  • If so, the pain should be very slowly improving although it may take 18 months to go away.
  • Be sure your surgeon knows, so s/he can follow this issue with you.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS