Are anchors required to move teeth properly with clear braces? Smile Direct Club doesn't use them.

I am thinking of using Smile Direct Club for clear braces but they don't use "buttons/anchors" like Invisalign does. Are the anchors absolutely necessary? How is Smile Direct Club able to move teeth safely without the anchors? My dentist said Smile Direct Club could make your teeth loose and fall out because they don't use anchors to hold certain teeth in place.

Invisalign vs Smile Direct Club

Dear forwill,Thank you for posting your questions on RealSelf.  If your orthodontist or dentist suggests that you need anchorage devices (TADs) to correct your bite and straighten your teeth, he is trying to not only give you a great smile but also give you a healthy occlusion to prevent relapse later.Smile Direct Club is a great option for patients that strictly need minor teeth straightening.  If you are concerned with your doctor's decision, I suggest seeking second opinion from an Invisalign treating orthodontist.  From the information provided, it seems that your case is more complicated and requires a more complex treatment plan than what Smile Direct Club can provide.  Also, patients should be careful using Smile Direct Club.  They do not provide close monitoring so your case can spiral out of control if complex.I hope that this helps and good luck.Best,Dr. Jenn