How long does it take for butt implants to heal?

I'm getting butt implants and I wanted to know the healing process. Also, will there be a tube involved for drainage?

Butt Implants

It is a pleasure to answer your question. The recovery process for Butt implants is normally from 1 to 2 weeks. After this time patients can go back to work. It is important that you do not sit or lay on your butt during the first 2 weeks. After this surgical procedure you will have drains for at least 4 days. I recommend you visit a board ceritified plastic surgeon. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Cali Plastic Surgeon

Gluteal implants

Augmentation gluteoplasty is a routine operation at our practice. The operation takes about an hour or so. Most patients are asked to take 7-10 days off work. You are given a BBL pillow that allows you to sit. You will have drains in for about 7 days. When sleeping, you are asked to sleep on your stomach for the first 2 weeks. You can start exercising at about 4 weeks and your are good as new at 6. The scar heals quickly but matures and starts fading at 4-6 months. The discomfort of the operation is well controlled by oral pain medications. 

Sepehr Egrari, MD