Can I Use Latisse While I Still Have Lash Extensions?

I have eyelash extensions right now because my lashes are so short and thin that I hate going without them. Can I use Latisse while I still have lash extensions at least until they fall off and grow out in about a month?

Yes to Latisse and eyelash extensions

Yes you may use Latisse while you are wearing eyelash extensions.  Hopefully you will be happy with your new lashes from Latisse and will no longer feel the need for extensions since these can damage the lashes.

Livingston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Use lash conditioner with lash extensions

Lash Conditioners should be applied to the base of lashes similar to eyeliners.  If you are using strip lash extensions, it can block application of lash conditioners.

Lash Extensions

Yes, Latisse will work with lash extensions. You will likely be pleasantly surprised by their growth when your extensions fall out. Make sure to check with your doctor that is an appropriate treatment for you. 

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician

Yes

Yes, it is possible to use Latisse while wearing false eyelashes. Just make sure that you continue to apply Latisse in the advised manner. 

Latisse and Eyelash Extensions

Latisse can work with eyelash extensions. One advantage Latisse has over extensions is they are authentic lashes. Latisse works by extending the growth phase of your lashes allowing them to become longer and fuller. They have a natural appearance as they are natural (rather than synthetic). Some patients note that eyelash extensions with subsequent touch-ups or refills can cost more than Latisse as well as some occasionally experience allergic reactions as well as irritation and redness caused by the synthetic lash glue.

David J. Myers, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Latisse can be used with eyelash extensions

You sure can use Latisse while you are wearing artificial eyelashes. If they are the kind you put on and remove each day, then apply the Latisse when the lashes are off. If they are the more permanent kind or lash extensions, then you can apply the Latisse with the lashes still on.

Get ready to throw those things out though because in about 6-8 weeks your real lashes will start to sprout.

Jonathan Hoenig, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Latisse and eyelash extensions

Yes, Latisse works even if you have eyelash extensions. The great thing about Latisse is that your eyelashes are YOUR eyelashes. Latisse works by making your normal eyelashes grow longer and more full. Wearing extensions will not change that. Anything that you use safely on your eyelashes now is safe to use on your eyelashes with Latisse.

Nancy Swartz, MS, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Ophthalmologist