Is There Anybody In Tampa Who Treats Keloids?

Is there anybody in Tampa area that treats Keloids on Earlobes .prefer freezing it. its size of a pea.

Doctor Answers 6

Tampa plastic surgeon

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Dr Joe Hirshfeld in the Tampa bay area has a great practice and is highly regarded in your area. Best of luck.

Treatment of ear keloids

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You are fortunate that your keloid is only the size of a pea. Many times they get much larger and have to be cut out because nothing else will work.

For a small one like that there are several options. Freezing can be done, but will leave a sore that may take a month to heal. Most commonly in dermatology offices, small keloids are injected with cortisone. This is repeated monthly two or three times until it is gone. Finally, some people have been able to shrink them at home by wearing "pressure earrings." These are clamp on style earrings that shrink keloids as they are being worn.

To find a doctor in your are who has experience with treating earlobe keloids, Google "American Academy of Dermatology" and use their zip code search feature.

Fortunately, keloid treatment is normally covered by insurance. Even if you have no insurance, something like an office visit and a shot would not be costly and they could probably give you a "most common" price over the phone.

T. Wayne Day, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Earlobe keloid repair in florida

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Keloids and hypertrophic scars are common problems with piercings and gauged plugs. They can be excised, treated with lasers, injections of kenalog and 5fu. Pressure clips are sometimes useful during the healing process. Unfortunately, there is some tendency for recurrence.

Geographic costs  and doctors can be found on Real Self or the websites for the American Society of plastic surgeons for the American Society of aesthetic plastic surgery

Jed H. Horowitz, MD, FACS
Orange County Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 116 reviews

You might also like...

Keloids of the ears

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I treat these smaller keloids with steroid injections with very good results. I do not recommend freezing them off.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS
New York Plastic Surgeon

Keloids on earlobes require experience or recurrence is likely

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
You should go to someone with experience in this type of reconstruction or this will come back.  

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treatment of Keloid Scar Ear

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for the question.

It is likely you will benefit from steroid injection into the small keloid scar. This may require several injections best done by a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Please check with the relevant specialty board for appropriately trained/certified physicians in your area.

Best wishes.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.