Not allowed to take and Vitamins/Evening Primrose capsules before my breast augmentation surgery?
Doctor Answers 3
Pre Op Supplements
Different surgeons will have different protocols but in general, anything which may affect how you bleed and clot before surgery or directly afterwards is to be avoided. In my practice I allow a multivitamin but not herbal supplements, not fish oils/omegas and certain medications. I recommend that you follow your Plastic Surgeon & nurse's advise as they have your safety in mind.
Breast augmentation - why can't I take my OTC supplements
- Many OTC supplements and vitamins will increase you bleeding and create problems for you
- Please stop all medicines as instructed - unless your surgeon specifically approves certain of them, e.g. the Vitamin D.
- You will not become vitamin deficient not taking them -
- Some vitamins, minerals and supplements can cause problems
- These include vitamin E, Mg, cod liver oil and evening primrose.
- Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.