Is it possible to have 6 sessions each of 15 minutes instead of a one hour session?

I have singed up for cool sculpting sessions and they said they don't give 1 hour session , but they devide them into 6 each of 15 minutes , would that be better that the 1 hour session or is it better to have shorter but many sessions instead of one?

CoolSculpting Requires at Least One Full Hour

A session of 15 minutes is not long enough to achieve a good result. A session of at least one hour is always advised, and in fact is the minimum possible with an authentic CoolSculpting machine. I can't imagine 15 minute sessions achieving any kind of result. I would be concerned about the reputability of this provider and would proceed with caution. It's not possible that they are using a certified CoolSculpting machine.

Coolscullpting and session length

Coolsculpting is a great procedure but in order for the treatment to be effective it takes an entire hour or two hours depending on the area of the body being treated.  There is no way that a 15 minute session would work and I doubt that it is really the cool sculpting machine that they are using.

CoolSculpting requires 1-hour session

I have never heard of 15 minute sessions, nor is it recommended. It takes the full cycle time for fat to reach the proprietary temperature in order to actually induce the death of the fat cell, otherwise you will not achieve the 20-30% reduction seen in all clinical trials and scientific papers. It can be done, but results will not be the same.

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Can my Coolsculpting sessions be 15 min each?

Hi,

I think it is best for you to notify Zeltiq, the manufacturer of Coolsculpting that you were offered 15 min treatments.  There is no possible way for the time of each cycle to be cut back to 15 minutes since each cycle is preset to be an hour.  Unfortunately, the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery has notified many dermatologists and plastic surgeons about counterfeit Coolsculpting machines that have hit the market and use similar marketing materials.  The best advice I can give you is to find a Coolsculpting provider through the Zeltiq website for patients.

Warmly,
Dr. Liu

Grace Liu, MD
Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting duration

Zeltiq is the company that owns the CoolSculpting brand. Zeltiq sells physicians the machine, applicators, and consumables in order for practices to deliver treatments to their patients. The machine will not function without using a cycle on a preloaded card, the cycles are a minimum of one hour each. Because of this simple fact I can tell you with absolute certainty that the practice that you have spoken with is not offering an authentic CoolSculpting treatment.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Not coolsculpting

You are probably not getting cool sculpting.  Those treatments are preset to 1 hour each. You cannot break up the treatments.  

Coolsculpting

First of all--be sure you are being treated with a Zeltiq Coolsculpting machine. In order for this procedure to work properly it takes one hour with the suction applicators and 2 hours with the Coolsmooth applicator. Anything less will not be effective, and is not an option for proper treatment.

CoolSculpting takes one or two hours depending on the applicator

Thank you for your question.  I would be wary of this office.  The FDA approved CoolSculpting procedure by Zeltiq requires one hour for the traditional applicators and two hours for the new smooth applicators.  Breaking the treatment up into shorter blocks of time will not allow for an effective treatment.  Zeltiq's studies demonstrated that one hour for the suction applicators and two hours for the smooth applicator are the times needed to achieve results.  Most likely this office is not using an actual Zeltiq device.  The Zeltiq device automatically defaults the treatment to an hour for the suction applicators, so there would be no reason to treat in increments.

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting by Zeltiq takes an hour (or two)

coolsculpting by Zeltiq is an FDA cleared procedure to selectively freeze fat cells and induce programmed cell death. The machine is designed to treat an area for an hour (although now an additional applicator for outer thighs takes 2 hours). Beware of other machines which do not have the FDA clearance or safely features of the Zeltiq coolsculpting machine.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting Treatment Time

Each CoolSculpting treatment is a programmed 1 hour treatment. With the CoolSmooth applicator which is non-suction based it is a 2 hour treatment. The machine does not let you split up the treatment into shorter time periods. It is likely that you are not being treated with an authentic CoolSculpting machine. Do more research before committing to these treatments as the effectiveness of other imitation machines has not been proven.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon