Can I get fat transfer after having breast implants?

I had breast augmentation 2 months ago, but i have gaing weight in my thighs can i transfer these fats to my breasts after having implants in them? I am 400cc under muscle silicon implants. Thank you in advance

Fat transfer after Breast Implants

You most definitely can employ fat grafting as a technique to optimize the appearance of your breasts after having breast augmentation with implants.  The use of fat grafting can add volume and increase the thickness of the layer of body fat below the skin.  This may be very useful to help hid any wrinkles of the implant that might be visible in the cleavage region. Adding fat may also make the breasts feel more natural. Some of my patients remark that after fat grafting the don't notice the animation (movement of implant with pectorals muscle activity) of the breast nearly as much.

Edina Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants Fat Augmentation

Candidates for breast enlargment with fat include women and men who have adequate tissue elasticity and coverage.  The procedure is not uncommon, being performed for 25 years now.  

Fat injection to the breasts  for women with submuscular breast implants can fill in the upper and inner poles of the breasts improving the shape and correcting wripples created by the implants.

Since enlargement of 1/2 to one cup size is what is most safely achievable the best candidates for this procedure are those who seek improvement in shape and fullness of the breast not a large augmentation.

Please consult in person with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon prior to making treatment decisions.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

Fat transfer

Yes, fat transfer can be performed to improve the feel of your implants and to improve the cleavage and upper pole fullness.  Make sure you see a surgeon who is very experienced in breast fat grafting. 

Jules Walters, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Breast fat transfer can be done with implants

• It is possible to add more volume with fat to further augment your breasts.  I do a lot of this type of surgery.  There are specific risks that although very rare you need to discuss with your surgeon.  
  • Make sure your surgeon does  a lot of fat transfer.  Not only is it important for fat graft survival, but also to minimize complications with your implants. It is meticulous and time consuming and not all surgeons have the temperament for it.
  • I would suggest that no surgery be done for a few more months given how recent your breast augmentation surgery was.
  • Dr Rodger Shortt is a plastic surgeon in Oakville who cares for patients from Oakville, Toronto, Mississauga, Hamilton, Burlington, Georgetown, Milton and the GTA.  He strives to be the best plastic surgeon and is one of the few plastic surgeons in Canada with 5-star ratings on RealSelf, RateMD and Ontario Doctor Review.  He is the director of cosmetic surgery training and an assistant clinical professor at McMaster University.

Rodger Shortt, FRCSC

Advisable to wait a little

Its difficult to answer your question without other information. you have not mentioned your height/ weight. Technically, its possible to do fat grafting in conjunction with implants. but i would advise you to wait for at least a month more to let the implant settle down before you take a final call.