Effectiveness of fat removal? Ultrasound cavitation vs. cryolipolysis?

Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Great Results with CoolSculpting

We have consistently seen great results with cryolipolysis, or CoolSculpting. It's been proven safe, effective, and predictable. That being said, it achieves these kinds of amazing results with the right patient. It's important to make sure you're a good candidate before undergoing any kind of treatment that can affect your body and health. Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who has extensive experience with CoolSculpting and other procedures to eliminate unwanted fat. They will be able to advise you what will work best for your body and your goals as they will be able to evaluate you personally.

Ultrasound cavitation vs. cryolipolysis

Cryolipolisis is safer and more effective than Ultrasound cavitation. With one treatment, you should expect 20% of the fat cells from coolsculpting to be eliminated.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Cryolipolisis goes further than cavitation

Ultrasound cavitation creates perforations in fat cells. A portion of the lipids found within the fat cells are expelled and are gradually eliminated through the lymphatic system. Coolsculpting goes beyond perforation of the cells. In one application (2 applications are required per area) 20-25% of the fat cells in the treatment area are crystalized through a process known as cryolipolysis. The process destroys entire fat cells and they are eliminated gradually through the lymphatic system.

Liking Coolsculpting more....

Despite solid science and personal endorsements from trusted colleagues, I've personally seen disappointing results from Ultrasound treatments on fat deposits.  We tried it on patients in my office and we were not satisfied.

Having said that, I believe it most important that you select a physician who you can trust to advise you on your best approach.  That individual should have the broadest familiarity with all of your options, so that you don't end up simply being steered to the device that they own.  Full informed consent requires your doctor to have an intimate familiarity with all of the choices available to you, including surgical techniques.

Freeze the Fat

Clearly CoolSculpting is the most effective and safest method of non surgical fat reduction.  I am a plastic surgeon and I have 7 machines and have done over 8000 treatments. I am a happy Freeze the Fat CoolSculpting patient myself and my  photos are on our FreezeTheFat.com web site.  There are many talented physicians who can help you with your non surgical body contouring.  Get Trim!    Be Thin Forever!

Grant Stevens, MD

Noninvasive fat reduction

Both techniques offer the ability to reduce fat in a non invasive fashion. In my opinion I find Coolsculpting to be a superior device for body sculpting and much more tolerable than ultrasound based technologies. Most importantly is seeing a physician that has training and experience in how these devices function. There is a tremendous amount of science that went into CoolSculpting, which was developed by two Harvard dermatologists.

Omar Ibrahimi, MD, PhD
Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon