3 Months after FUT and No Growth. (photos)

It has been 3 months since I've had my FUT hair transplant to lower my hair line. I had it done in Korea by a reputable surgeon but now I am totally freaking out because it seems like nothing is happening. What's worse is, I seem to have a lot of obvious marks on my forehead which (even if hair doesn't grow) is very unsightly and makes me very self conscious about wearing my hair up. Is this normal?

No growth after 3 months

It is not unusual to have no growth for at least 4-5 months and then expect 80% of the results at the 8th month

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

It can take 6 to 12 months after surgery to see results. If you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor

It can take 6 to 12 months after surgery to see results.  If you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

3 Months after FUT

İt is normal for 3 months post op ...Regrowing hair is thin, undersized and not bright untill 4-5 th months of hair transplant .İt's normal characteristic wave, curl, appears in 7-9 months and gets mature , thicker and brighter. 

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

No Growth 3 Months after Follicular Unit Hair Restoration. What is the Problem?

It can take up to six months for all the grafts to begin growing and then a full year to get the final result of a hair restoration surgery. The hair follicles in the grafts frequently go into a telogen or sleep phase immediately after surgery and take time to recover. Best option is to see the doctor who did the procedure and have him/her evaluate your situation. 

Andrew Kaufman, MD

may want to go in for a follow up.  It can take 18 months for the whole thing to resolve and not all transplants result in growth so follow ups are key. 

Rashid M. Rashid, PhD, MD
Houston Dermatologist