Can a personal radio frequency device be beneficial after liposuction?

I had liposuction 17 days ago. Previous to my procedure i purchased a small, personal radio frequency device. I used it a little and did notice smoother skin. My skin continues to numb in areas and is hard. I am wondering if the radio frequency might help break down blood, fat, etc. that is probably in between the muscle and skin causing me discomfort. Is it safe to use RF on my abdomen and flanks? I will appreciate any feedback ! Warm regards and thank you!!!!!!

Personal radiofrequency device after liposuction

Though I don't think the power of a home device is going to be enough to do much, I recommend checking with your doctor first.  That said, the in-office RF machines do help smooth and contour following liposuction, but they aren't routinely required.  It's important you are doing home massage and that is always a good thing following liposuction.  The skin numbness and hardness are normal and will recover in time.  

Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Using personal radio-frequency device after liposuction

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

1. Before using any device or having any treatment, you need to check with your surgeon.
  2. At-home machines of any kind, including RF, are of such low power that they will have essentially no beneficial effect.
  3. The body has a healing process - it goes at its own speed, which is healing over 6 months, or longer. There is nothing discovered to date that will speed it up.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

A personal radiofrquency device is near worthless as a liposuction recovery device

I suspect you can put the personal RF device in that pile of things you bought and wasted your money on.   We all have such a pile.  You will get some benefit from massage but 99% of recovery is TIME and WOUND HEALING = TIME.   OK.......TIME.......6 to 12 months for recovery and it CANNOT be rushed.  My Best, Dr C

Radiofrequency after Liposuction

I personally don't believe radio frequency after liposuction is going to do much to improve healing. The fluid/bruising is too deep for radio frequency to make a difference, especially if you’re using home devices. Ultrasound therapy or possibly Lymphatic Drainage Massage would be more likely to reduce some of the swelling in the short term. - Dr. Amron

David Amron, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

No evidence radiofrequency treatment after liposuction has any benefit.

In my opinion treatment of the skin with radiofrequency has no beneficial effect. I have experience with two separate systems and have been disappointed.

Radiofrequency After Lipo

I have not found at home ultrasound or RF devices to be beneficial post liposuction.  They dont have enough power.  As for the inoffice devices, all of my patients get velashape or venus treatments which help the healing process.  Best, Dr. Emer.