I am so confused between 275 cc ,300cc or 325 cc silicone gel. What are the difference? I'm very petite. (photo)

I am going Breast Augmentation surgery July 28th. My height 5.0 and weight 93.2 age 36. Very petite. My doctor recommended 275 cc but i am afraid it will be too small / not noticeable . `

I'm confused between 275,300 and 325cc implants?

I think you would look fine with any implant you've mentioned between 275cc - 325cc. Keep in mind this is only a 50cc difference between the smaller and larger sizes. To put this in perspective, 50cc is only minimally over 3 tablespoons, so the difference in these three sizes is actually less than it sounds. Your breast augmentation result would be very good with this size range. Good luck!

What size silicone gel implant should you get for your petite frame?

Thanks for your question!  I think that all of the implant sizes you're contemplating will make a nice, noticeable difference.  I advise my patients that if they are torn between sizes, always go bigger.  One of the most common complaints is that women wish they would have chosen a larger size.  Good luck!

Breasts implants size

Dear edy,
  Thanks for submitting your picture. You appear to be a small A cup or an A cup. The implants size selection depends on your chest and breasts circumference measurement, your desire and your tissue elasticity. If you wish to be a 32 full C cup, the implants volume that is required is, roughly ,350 cc. For a 32 C cup you will need 275 cc. 34 C cup requires 350 cc and 34 full C cup 400 cc. As you can see, measurements are critical . I hope this helps. I also hope that your surgeon is board certified plastic surgeon who operates in an accredited surgery center for your safety. Check his or hers before and after pictures to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and you like them. Check also the reviews for positive patients experience.
                             Dr Widder

Implants for a petite frame

Congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast augmentation. Thank you for your photo as it demonstrates an excellent shape and distribution of natural breast tissue.  All of the sizes you mentioned should give you an excellent result without looking out of proportion.  Follow your instinct.  If you think a 275CC implant will be too small  ask to see photos of women with similar body builds who have received larger implants.  Ask to actually try on the implants.  You need to feel comfortable with your decision.  Remember its not about the bra/cup size, its about the way you look and feel.  Good luck. Doctor Bev

Beverly Friedlander, MD
Short Hills Plastic Surgeon

What is the ideal breast size after breast augmentation.

The process of choosing the right size for breast augmentation is fairly scientific. Here is how I help the patients make the right decision and choose the ideal breast implant size. We measure all the breast dimensions, in particular the base diameter which is the width of the breast at the level of the nipples. This dimension should match the width of the implant. We also consider the patients hight and weight, the quality of the skin, the amount of soft tissues and the patients desire. I then give the patient a safe range of breast implant sizes and we try them together inside a special bra. Doing all this we come very close in finding the ideal breast implant size for the patient and they all seem happy with their choice at the end. The sizes that you mentioned are acceptable but it is difficult to give you the right answer without a careful examination.

When trying to determine implant size...

The differences you are vacillating over are very minimal.  Ask your surgeon for the implant dimensions and you will better appreciate how small the differences can be.  In my practice, a 250 cc sizer in an unlined bra results in use of a 275 cc implant in the body.  For a 325 cc implant, the sizer would be around 300 cc's and for a 300 cc implant, a sizer around 275cc.  What look do you like better?  Then let your surgeon know what size you want and look forward to your new look!

Curtis Wong, MD

I'm a 39 year old, 1 child,150lbs, 36d wanting 36ddd. My dr will not do more than 400cc under muscle saline or silicone.

The #1 compliant is, "i wished I had gone bigger!" So go for the 325 cc silicone implant. But maybe obtain additional IN PERSON opinions... 

Choosing implants

Thank you for the question and photos. The choosing of implants is a very crucial and is one that should be done through an in-person exam. Various aspects could affect the choice of implants like breast tissue, body measurements, desired end result and the like. Bra sizes also differ from one manufacturer to another so a carefully selected implant can be able to get you very close to that size. It is always best to visit a board-certified plastic surgeon and have a full evaluation for your concern. Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi.

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Implant Size

In regards to implant size and type, there are many variables in recommending implant size/type. I base my implant recommendation on patients' body (chest height, chest width, existing breast tissue) as well as their desired look. Review before and after photos and see what kind of look that you want. Please share your desired look with your plastic surgeon and see if she can meet your expectation.
Implants come in different types (silicone, saline), shape (round, anatomic), and profiles and volume.
More meaningful recommendation can be made based on direct examination and in-person consultation.
Please visit with a board-certified plastic surgeon. Best wishes.

Implant Selection

Thank you for your question. It is much better to accurately discuss implant volume and projection with an in office exam and detailed measurements.

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements/characteristics. I use these measurements to help me during the sizing process to guide you to a safe result for your chest wall and just as important, one that meets your end desires.

The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor. The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant. It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you during the sizing process.

In addition, review of photos and use of rice bags can be very helpful to the patient and surgeon in achieving a safe and happy result. Close intereaction and involvement from your surgeon during this process can help alleviate the anxiety and fears of choosing the right size.

I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD