Excercise and diet don't work - is it possible for Lipo and tummy tuck on my daughter?

These pictures are of my 12 year old daughter and as you can see she is extremely obese, she excersizes daily and sweats, and eat healthy, we went and saw dieticians doctors and they both informed us that she has a fat genetic,I found 12 year old tummy tuck and Lipo, her body looked just like my daughters, so I was wondering if it is possible to perform lipo or tummy tuck on my daughter and I am happy to take any responsibility of anything that happens to my daughter during or after the surgery.

Liposuction and abdominoplasty on a 12-year-old is not indicated.

Liposuction even with abdominoplasty is not weight reduction. Your daughter needs help with body weight control for purposes of health.

Excercise and diet don't work - is it possible for Lipo and tummy tuck on my daughter

Thank you for submitting ypur question.  I would not recommed surgery on your daugther.  See a pediatric physican specialiing in weight loss.  Best Wishes

#Liposuction - Lipo and TT on my 12 year old daughter?

It is very unusual even to consider this type of surgery on a 12 year old girl.  It may or may not be appropriate but 12 year old girls are almost never the target audience for these procedures.

You probably need to assess her overall health as a priority, and put plastic surgery on the back burner.  It's fine to consult with plastic surgeons, but I suspect the recommended treatments will include diet and exercise - but probably not plastic surgery.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. Alan Engler
Member of #RealSelf100

Tummy tuck and liposuction for 12 year old

Thank you for asking about your daughter's tummy tuck and liposuction.

• This is a very difficult question - 
  • First, the post-op photo of the other child does not say how soon after surgery it was taken.
  • The result is only credible after a year - because fat removed with liposuction tends to return to new areas.
  • May I suggest that you first calculate the calories that your daughter is eating
  • She should exercise no less than 1 hour vigorously a day and eat no more than 1500 calories.
  • The only way to do this is to get rid of TV and all media and take up sports - as well as reduce calories.
  • If your daughter truly after 6 months of this regimen looks the same and she wants the surgery, it might be reasonable to consider. But 67% of people are overweight today - not because of genetics but because of too much food and too little exercise.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you found this answer helpful. Best wishes

Very invasive tummy tuck or liposuction procedure in an underage patient… Alternatives?

Thanks for sharing your question and photos. I can appreciate your concern.
You raise a very difficult question on ethics about doing a cosmetic procedure in an underage patient. Lets break down the question in various steps.
  • 1.Why is this happening? Before doing any surgery we need to know and rule out causes of obesity. In most of the cases simple things such as balance between diet and exercise are the most relevant ones. Sometimes extracalories in the form of sodas or candies might ruin the efforts of exercise. An activity monitor may help monitor objectively all this variables.
The next step is making sure that her metabolism and hormones are working properly.
Assuming that every thing is ok from the medical stand point, then we need to assess the ethics of doing cosmetic surgery in an underage.
There are many issues.
1. Making sure that she has psychological clarity and maturity on what this surgery entails. You may need a psychiatric evaluation that will support this fact. If somebody is going to perform this surgery, this is a required step.
2. Her body will heal and tolerate the procedure differently than an older patient who has undergone through the pains of labor.
3. Understand that if the underlying problem is still present, the surgery outcome won’t last if she still continues gaining weight.
Truly, I would discourage you from surgery.
If the excess fat is still an issue for self-steam, I could recommend doing non invasive procedures such as cool sculpting or Sculpsure.
Finally, make sure that you have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Wishing you the best in your journey