1 week after breast augmentation. Feeling a burning sensation?

I had my implants placed under my own and under the muscles. It's been a week, I was starting not to feel any pain until now, it feel so painful again, all around my breasts and sharp pain when I move my arms as if I'm being cut down the side of my breasts. I can't see how the look because I still have bandages on. Thank you

Breast augmentation recovery

It is normal to experience new discomfort sensations 1 week post-op. However if it is very painful, as you mentioned, you should go see your surgeon right away. At 1 week post-op your body should be well on its way to recovery and you should not be in any significant pain. Seeing your surgeon is the best thing you can do right now. Good luck!

1 week post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.

In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.  In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Implants

If you are experiencing burning sensation and you have not had your dressings taken down at a week, then I suggest you see your surgeon.

Pain

Post operatively the pain often changes. Post op[erative nipple burning and sharp pain is not unusual, but, if it is new it is best to check with your surgeon.

Barry M. Schwartz, MD
Weston Plastic Surgeon

Since this pain is new and a change from before it is best that you see your surgeon in person for an exam and not rely on internet advice. Most likely this discomfort is related to increased activity but you need an exam.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. The hypersensitivity of the that you describe is quite common and usually self limited;  these concerns generally improve over the course of several weeks/months.    Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to more specific assessment/advice.  Best wishes.