Do I have the right to cancel and be refunded of the service I have no appointment and no service had been made? (photo)

I signed a contract for cool sculpting service. . suggested for second service. I told the consultant that I wanted to see the first result first and if I am happy I will signed for the second service. The consultant mentioned that I can cancel 5 days prior to the appointment. So I signed the contract. 6 weeks after the service nothing have changed to me so I called them to cancel the next service. They told I signed the contract and they could not pay my money back instead to go forward. Help.

Refund/Canceled Appointment

In my practice we do a deposit to hold the date but don't have the clients pay until the day of their service. I have heard stories of clients that commit to practices and second treatments and pay in advance. I would not do this but don't have much advice for you in getting your money back. You could ask to speak with the manager and then their medical director. This is exactly why paying before you even know if a second round is necessary is just something we don't do in my practice. Best of Luck. 

Contract issues

I would recommend return to the clinic and meet with them to discuss your concern and contract. Often this issues can be resolved so both parties are happy. I'm certain they would want to have a happy patient.  

As far as coolsculpting, results do take several weeks to a few months to see. And is true with the first treatment you will have some reduction but the second treatment provides a more significant transformation.  

After reviewing the contract  and if it is not favorable to what you want ask if this service can be exchanged for another service. 

Best of luck

Helena Guarda, MD
Suffolk Plastic Surgeon

Contracts with services

This is hard to answer. It all depends on the language of the contract. This is something you need to discuss with a lawyer. As far as Coolsculpting goes, you need to wait the full 3 months to see your full results. Also, changes are often hard to notice and pictures are the best way to see the changes. In general, most people are fairly happy with their Coolsculpting results as can be seen with the ratings on Realself. I would get pictures in a similar environment and discuss your concerns with your provider at that time. Law suits are expensive and nobody wins in most cases.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Entitled to a refund?

Hello kerray,

Thank you for your question. Every center has their own policy regarding refunds, exchanges for services, allotted time to cancel etc. This matter will have to be taken up directly with your treating center. However at only six weeks out this is too early to be making those decisions in that CoolSculpting is quite clear that your peak results will be seen at 3 months. Hence at three months have a full evaluation, review your photos and then a decision can be made regarding moving forward or not and discussions regarding your "contract" will be more appropriate. 

Paul Pietro, MD
Greenville Physician

Right to cancel service

First of all, waiting 6 weeks to see if Coolsculpting was effective is not long enough. It can take 3 months or more for the final result, and I don't know of one of our patients that hasn't gotten a visible result from Coolsculpting by that time, so I expect that you will see the improvement soon. Regarding the refund, if you see no improvement after 3 months, I would push them hard for the refund. If you see improvement, I'd recommend you go through with the next treatment as the second treatment usually takes an OK result and makes it pretty dramatic.

Andrew Campbell, M.D.

Quintessa Aesthetic Centers

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Issue with Contract

Thanks for the great question. Unfortunately this is an issue you will need to take up with the office in which you signed the contract. Best of luck!

~Dr. Sieber