One month after FUE what to expect? (photos)

Hi I had my FUE a month back First photo is my status one week after surgery The other photo is one month after surgery Can u plz focus on my scalp in the second photo. Its like nothing there I mean the scalp is just smooth and has no holes or hair roots!!

1 month after hair transplant

It would be unusual to see a lot of hair growth this early.  It takes 6 months to a year to see real growth.
At this point you jut have to wait. I can understand your anxiety, but you have to have confidence in the work of the team.  Hairs go through this normal cycle after grafting.  You aren't going to see roots like a plant.  The follicle by one month is integrated but often not producing hair. 

One month post surgery- what to expect?

It is critical to understand what normally happens during the weeks following a hair transplant. By doing so, you'll realize that what you are describing is quite normal. Be sure to check with your hair transplant surgeon if you are worried. 

In the first few days, there is redness and progressively some scabs can develop.  Gentle rinsing the scalp helps reduce the chances of thick crusts developing. 

After the first week, intense redness and swelling are gone and one is left with a a mildly red scalp and the newly transplanted hairs are in place

However... Starting one week to two weeks post op the little hairs may start falling out (shedding). This often occurs earlier in FUE than FUT. Even though the hairs start falling out they leave behind their roots. 

After one month it typically looks like nothing has been done! the newly transplanted hairs have fallen out, the redness is gone.... And the waiting now starts for the new hairs to come back up in 2 months!!!

All in all, be sure to check in with your surgeon if worried, but what you are describing is normal. 

Now 1 months after FUE

You are looking good. Now all you have to do is wait out the growth period for a total of 8 months to see 80% of the results. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair One Month After FUE Hair Transplant

Transplanted hair usually stay on their follicles and even grow for a few weeks after hair transplant.  They start falling a few weeks after hair transplant and most patients are back to their original look after the first month.  You are not supposed to see any evidence of transplanted hair because the pores that the new hair will be growing through them are microscopic and should not be detected with naked eye.

Your hair loss should get started in months 2 and 3 and at 6 months you can expect that they are all grown.  They will keep becoming longer and full result is expected to be seen in months 12 to 18.

Parsa Mohebi, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

Seems normal

You lose all your hairs after surgery.  Your doctor should have prepared you for this.

You will lose your transplanted hair as well as some of your native hair weeks after surgery. You may look
worse before it starts to look better. It may take 6 to 12 months to see the results of a hair transplant
surgery. It is always a good idea to follow up with your doctor for a recheck if you have concerns.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Concerned About Re-growth of Hair Transplants

Typically, unless you are using a device like Capillus 272 or Laser Cap, the new hairs that were transplanted go into a resting phase. 
You should start seeing new hairs growing again at about month 3 to 4 and then improving every month up to about 12 months.
We typically have patients come back to our office many times during this period just to calm nerves and remind them that things will improve over time.
I would suggest calling your doctor and setting up a follow up visit so he or she can have a look.

Jon E. Mendelsohn, MD
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

FUE growth

Growth can take 1-18 months.  It can be very slow or very quick.   It also depends on if it was neograft or artas fue or manual.

Rashid M. Rashid, PhD, MD
Houston Dermatologist

Hair growth

It is most unusual that your surgeon did not inform you that it takes 3-5 months for the transplant to start growing. You may not have processed the information. You need time to assess your result. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

One month post op

You should have healed completely by the first month and can return to your normal hair regiment routine.  Now You née to wait for the hair to grow in.

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon