How much does Asian Eyelid Surgery Cost?

Does Asian eyelid surgery cost more than a typical blepharoplasty? 

Asian Eyelid Surgery Cost

There are several factors in determining the cost of Asian eyelid blepharoplasty.
1) Local anesthesia vs. IV sedation
2) Surgery performed in office setting vs. surgical center
3) Where in the country you are having the surgery
4) Is the surgery being performed by an oculoplastic surgeon (eyelid specialist)
Oculoplastic surgeons in NY typically charge $3,000-5,000 for Asian eyelid blepharoplasty.
I hope you find this useful.

Pricing for Blepharoplasty Surgery

You will find many different answers depending on who your ask.  Cost will vary depending on many factors.... first of all it differs depending on if a board certified plastic surgeon is performing the surgery or not.  Also, if the surgery is performed in a hospital based operating room vs. an office setting, if a board certified anesthesiologist is involved vs. a nurse (or sometimes performing procedures under local anesthesia), etc.  Please be careful when doing your research to make sure your surgeon is properly trained and has experience in this procedure. Eyelid surgery can range from $3000-$6000 depending on if just the upper eyelids are treated or both upper and lower (yes, it's more expensive if both upper and lower are performed.)

Asian Eyelid Surgery: You get what you pay for

I have heard prices ranging from $1500 to $4,000.   I do charge a little more for my Asian eyelid cases since I'm a specialist but not significantly more than I do for a non-Asian bleph.  The skill, knowledge of anatomical differences, and experience are very important.

Additionally, nearly 30% of my practice is revision or redo surgeries from overseas.  Now that is not to say that surgeons in Korea, Japan, Taiwan, etc. aren't excellent.  They are, but there is not a surgical procedure out there that has zero risk.   When you pay a discounted price far from home you have no surgeons to see when you leave for a problem or even a question.  Qualified surgeons in your area are here to see you and answer questions after surgery. 

My prices (and most great Asian eyelid surgeons in the area) are essentially all inclusive.  The cost of the procedure includes your consultation, surgery, and all of your post operative care.   Paying the right price with the right doctor gets you personalized surgery, a number with a doctor on the other end of the phone (even at night), and excellent post operative care.

Best of luck

Dr. Chase Lay

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost of Asian double fold procedure

An Asian double fold procedure runs between $2800-$3200. Upper and lower blepharoplasty runs around $5600.

Gilbert Lee, MD

Cost for asian eyelid surgery

Because  asian blepharoplasty is such a varied procedure, the cost also varies. Factors which contribute to the cost of eyelid surgery include:
Type and extent of surgery
Surgeon’s fee
Facility fee
Anesthesia fee
Medication

For approximate costs by location , search Real Self, American Society of Plastic Surgeons, or American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery websites.

Asian Eyelid Surgery Cost

At our surgery centre in Toronto, Ontario, the cost for Asian Eyelid Surgery and Blepharoplasty is exactly the same and usually falls in the $3500-$6000 range depending on if you are getting your upper eyelids done, or just your lower eye lids or both. If a patient is getting both upper and lower lids done, it is usually the least expensive, because we package the pricing to include both and therefore it works out to be a better price.

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asian Eyelid Surgery Costs

Thanks for the great question. The cost for an "Asian blepharoplasty" or "double eyelid surgery" will vary based on the part of the country you are in and the training of the specialist.  Generally, this is between $2500 and $4000 in the San Francisco Bay Area.  The procedure, when done well, produces excellent aesthetic results with minimal downtime. It can be performed with local anesthesia in the office, or in a surgery center, depending on patient preference.

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

I usually charge the same fee

the technique for converting an Oriental to a Western eyelid varies depending on what you start with ,but I usually charge a standard fee for cosmetic eyelid surgery. Reconstructive surgery for a congenital problem or for trauma or complications from prior surgery is more expensive

Joseph M. Perlman, MD

What Does Asian Eyelid Surgery Cost? Price Vs. Blepharoplasty

Asian eyelid surgery is more difficult to perform then standard blepharoplasty.  However, as in most surgeries, not all Asian eyelid surgeries are the same.  Price depends on what needs to be done to make the eyelids look the way you want them to look.  A detailed consultation with your particular desires and expectations is essential.  Also, whether your surgery can be performed in the office versus an operating room makes a difference in the overall price of the procedure.

In terms of both upper and lower eyelid surgeries, most surgeons give a discount on multiple procedures being done at the same time.  Therefore, although you will pay additionally for lower eyelid surgery at the same time as upper eyelid surgery, the price of the lower eyelid procedure should be discounted.  

Sam Goldberger, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Asian Blepharoplasty

As an ophthalmic plastic surgeon, this is a more common procedure for me. I charge roughly $2500 for both eyes. This does not include the facility fee and/or anesthesia. I wrote and/or for anesthesia because in patients over 21, I can do this procedure in the office. The total fee is around 3500-4000.

Chris Thiagarajah, MD
Denver Oculoplastic Surgeon