Is a Doctor Required to Do Lipo Dissolve?

Does the establishment giving lipo dissolve have to be a doctor...I was looking into it and I heard that the laws states that there is to be a doctor at the facility at time of procedure...if this is true than there are many places in my area doing it without a doctor around or in the building at the time.please respond ...only concerned about how to decide on the right place to go...thanks...

Does a Lipodissolve treatment require a doctor to perform it?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Yes, please!! Nine years ago, when this question was posted, the inquiry was correct--there were many clinics where these treatments were performed by nonphysicians. 
While Kybella is currently the only drug in the US which is FDA approved for injection lipolysis, there are compounded formulations that are being used for the same purpose and may, on occasion, be injected by a nonphysician.  Please make sure that your doctor, who has been adequately trained and has experience with these injections, sees and examines you prior to treatment and does not delegate to a paramedical person. 

Fort Collins Plastic Surgeon

Always check credentials

In New York, the practice of medicine requires that the individual is licensed by the state for that purpose. A licensed medical doctor can perform this procedure a lay person (non-professional) cannot. A nurse or physician assistant may perform this procedure under the supervision of a physician. You are right to be concerned about the credentials of the facility performing this procedure. You have a right as a patient to request the credentials information of any individual performing a medical procedure on you. They should be happy to produce their license to you. You can also research the credentials of an individual by visiting the state's licensing boards website.

Robert Vitolo, MD