Difference Between Vaser Lipo and Ultrasonic Lipo?

What's the difference between Vaser liposuction and Ultrasonic liposuction? I am trying to decide which would be best for me. I am a very athletic young adult and I'm hoping not to be down for too long. Is the recovery shorter with the Vaser or the Ultrasonic? My plastic surgeon recommended the Ultrasonic. She said that my skin would have no prob rebounding, but if it means I'm down longer, I'd rather pay a little more for the Vaser. Please help.

Difference Between Vaser Lipo and Ultrasonic Lipo

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Vaser liposuction, also known as Vaser #lipo, LipoSelection or Liposuction, is an advanced body #contouring procedure that selectively removes unwanted body fat. An alternative to the harsh techniques of traditional liposuction, #Vaser lipo uses state-of-the-art ultrasound technology designed to gently #reshape your body.

Many studies indicate that there is less injury to the body with Vaser than with traditional #liposuction. Recovery from Vaser Liposuction is based on the level of soreness and bruising experienced by the patient. But, it can vary among patients. As with traditional liposuction, there are no large incisions  or effect on the muscle and other underlying tissue. Therefore, #healing time may be less than anticipated by most. Therefore, Vaser patients may experience less #pain or discomfort, #swelling (#edema) and bruising post procedure due to the nature of the technique. 

There are three types of #Vaser Lipo. Each benefit patients differently depending on their needs. Vaser Lipo  is capable of removing fat from resilient areas providing a smoother and slimmer results. It is common for reducing love handles, extra skin along the bra line or flanks on many female patients. Additionally, it is often applied to the reduction of male breast surgeries, called gynecomastia surgery. Meanwhile, Vaser Hi-Def  targets both deep and superficial fat cells which is found around muscle tissue. This is suggested to tone and defined rather than reduce fat when not necessary. Finally, Vaser #4D, although similar to Vaser Hi-Def works well with the existing muscle tissue.. However, it results in more natural appearing definition to those areas, being treated. Vaser 4D is often applied to treating abdominal region to improve definition.  Additionally, it's not uncommon for Vaser Liposuction to combined with fat transfer which removes and transfers fat to another area of the body.

An ideal #candidate for Vaser Liposuction is a person in good health who seeks a minimally invasive way to remove stubborn fat with less downtime than traditional #liposuction. Vaser is ideal for those seeking improved definition of muscles and contouring. Those who seek increased sculpting of are ideal vaser lipo candidates.

Vaser Lipo and Ultrasonic Lipo

Hi RAD,

First there was SUCTION ASSISTED LIPOPLASTY (SAL), which later became known as LIPOSUCTION.

When we ALL began using tumescent solution (filling the fat with an anesthetic solution containing adrenaline to minimize blood loss), liposuction became kown as TUMESCENT LIPOSUCTION. These days the term is mostly used for liposuction done only under sedation/local (even though tumescent solution is used with all liposuction).

After the introduction of ultrasound energy to break up fat cells in the early 1990's by Dr. Zocchi, ULTRASOUND ASSISTED LIPOPLASTY/LIPOSUCTION (UAL) was born. The fat of the broken up fat cells was then liposuction as before.

As UAL machines got better with time, SOUND TECHNOLOGIES from Colorado surged ahead with its VASER machine, a third generation UAL machine. I have been using it for years and am happy with its capabilities and the results it enables me.

Hope this helped.

Vaser

Vaser is a type of ultrasound assisted liposuction. The Vaser equipment is made by Sound Surgical in Colorado and you can read about it on their website, www.vaser.com. Their equipment is designed differently than other ultrasound assisted lipo systems. They tout less pain, less swelling, less bruising, and smoother results. They also tout quicker recovery. I believe there is some validity to their claims and have used Vaser for many years.

Edmond A. Zingaro, MD