Would cortisone injection in neck/shoulder cause chest pains & infection 7 month after mastectomy?

Had 4 cortisone shots in neck & shoulder 7 monthS after mastectomy because of arm & shoulder pain. Had severe chest pains for days and got an infection in my breast. Due to injection or coincidental?

Probably not, but...

Dear jrgrnthmb,

What was the timing between the cortisone shots and chest pains? If you are experiencing chest pain now, you should go to the ER for a chest X-ray and evaluation. This is too potentially serious of an issue to discuss on an online forum. I wish you the best and please follow up.

Newport Beach Physician