What can I do about the deep crease at the top of my nose?

I have a deep crease at the top of my nose between the eyes. I have had 2 rounds of Botox and a filler. Will it just take time? After 6 months it doesn't seem to be getting any better. Is surgery my only other option?

Deep Crease in Glabellar Area

A deep crease in the glabellar area can take consistent injections of Botox followed by filler to keep these muscles "frozen".  That is one of he difficulties with deep wrinkles in that it takes repeated injections to smooth out these deep wrinkles.

Botox will help soften lines on the forehead, depending on how strong your muscle movement will determine how many units you would benefit from. If your wrinkles are very deep to start, it may require a few rounds of Botox to smooth out the lines, up to 2 yrs of regular injections.

Removing Creases Between Your Brows

Deep creases between your brows may be due to 1) strong frown muscle activity, 2) aging loose skin, or 3) low, sagging eyebrows. In many cases it is a combination of two or all of these factors.  If strong frown muscle activity is the cause, Botox or other neurotoxin will improve the problem very well. If aging, loose skin is the cause, dermal fillers, such as Radiesse,  Perlane or Juvederm XL will fill the grooves and smooth the area. If low, sagging brows are present, a surgical brow lift is the answer.  These procedures can be combined to produce the best results.  If Botox or similar product alone does not solve the problem, it may indicate that a brow lift is needed. Always try the simplest most problem oriented treatment first.

Kevin L. McBride, DDS
Dallas Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Nasal crease

NoseCrease, you need to be evaluated in person. Seek the opinion of 2-3 experienced facial plastic specialists. Visit their web sites before your visit and make sure you like their photos. That should solve your problem. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

It is hard to tell without photos. Usually Botox and Filler are very helpful.

Check back with your doctor one more time.  If the lines have been there for a long time and are permanently folded and deep, it may require multple treatments to make them smooth.  Laser resurfacing is also a good option if you do not mind some down time.  You will still need at least Botox 3 to 4 times a year and possibly some maintenance filler to keep the lines smooth going forward.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Deep nasal crease

You have tried the non-surgical options utilizing Botox and fillers. If you are still not satisfied with those results then you may wish to consider a forehead lift. You didn't mention your age but cost wise over time this may be a better alternative. If not seeing a board certified plastic surgeon for your injectables already, I would suggest a visit with one to discuss your alternatives. Good luck!!

Paul Buhrer, MD
Annapolis Plastic Surgeon