I have really pointy nipples after my Breast Augmentation. Will it go away after a couple of weeks? (photo)

Today I had my breast augmentation. I am really happy with the results! I am 5'10" and 180LB! I got 650cc smooth round high profile in my left breast and 700cc smooth round high profile on my right breast. Both under the muscle..... I know it's still very early since I just had my surgery today but I wanted to get advise about my nipples... In the pictures it's not so good to see but they are very pointy and look funny... Will it go away?

Pointy nipples post a Breast Augmentation

There is no cause for concern. It is way too early to tell but the cone shape of the nipples is most likely due to swelling post surgery and will resolve as you continue to heal.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Nipples after breast augmentation

Your nipples are very normal appearing for a postoperative situation. They should return to normal after the swelling goes down over the next few weeks- no need to worry, and congratulations on your great result!

Swelling after breast aug

Thank you for your question and photos. The appearance of your nipples is from the swelling. As your swelling decreases over the next few weeks they will return to normal. Best of luck, Dr. Kludt

Nathan Kludt, MD
Stockton Plastic Surgeon

Recovery after Breast Augmentation

As with any procedure, it takes take time for soft tissues like your breasts to settle down and for swelling to subside after the stress of surgery. Give it time. Months is the norm rather than the exception in terms of the required patience needed while you allow things to settle. Best to give your plastic surgeon the benefit of the doubt that he/she will walk you through the process of postop recovery. Best of luck.

It will settle

There is no cause for concern. Right now nipples are swollen and stretched. Nipple projection will settle with time.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Pointy Nipples

Congratulations on your breast augmentation. It is common to experience swelling in the nipples, this should resolve as you continue to heal. 

All the best. 

The puffies

We call it "the puffies".  Assuming the nipples didn't look like that prior to the augmentation, they will like flatten out quickly.

My post operative instructions say "I know you are going to peek but don't judge results for at least 2 weeks."  Even at 2 weeks, it is too early to predict final results.  I bet you will do great.

James D. Frost, MD
Pensacola Plastic Surgeon

Pointy nipples post aug

Since you are only  2weeks leave well enough alone.You have a ways to go regarding edema and swelling.Give it a minimum of 8 to 10 weeks.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Nipple Edema

You will usually see this in the first few days after surgery.  Swelling affects the whole breast.  You shoul dbe fine in a few days.  

Wait for some time

The final appearance, shape, and movement are not exactly the same as normal breasts. The surgically enlarged breasts do not move in the same way as normal breasts. They tend to be firmer. The contours are usually somewhat different than normal breasts. In some patients these discrepancies may be rather noticeable. Although every effort is made to place the implants symmetrically, complete symmetry is rarely achieved. Immediately after surgery, the breasts are swollen and firmer. The final shape and size is approximated after 2 to 3 months, but up to one year may be required for the end result.