Working a desk job and having a bbl. Will it damage the results?

When getting a Brazilian Butt Lift and having a job where you sit all day at a desk. Will this damn the fat long term? I know you have to take off between 10-14 days. But when returning back to work what is highly recommended?

Desk job after BBL

I perform a lot of Brazilian Butt Lifts each week in my Atlanta area surgery center.  Many of my patients need to get back to their desk jobs a few weeks after surgery. I recommend they sit on a nursing pillow when they return to work.  This allows them to sit comfortably at their desks while avoiding putting pressure on their new backsides!

BBL

i ask my patient s to stay off the buttock for around three weeks or longer. The less you sit the better your results will be

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

BBL and work

I prefer that patients do not sit on their buttocks directly for about 2 weeks. After that, I prefer that they change positions frequently to avoid undo pressure continuously on one area. Always best to ask your surgeon.

Recommendations after bbl

You may need to adapt you desk to a standing desk, which I have seen work very well. However check with your operating plastic surgeon and follow his / her recommendations carefully and completely.
Good Luck

Stephen M. Davis, MD, FACS
Green Hills Plastic Surgery

Recommendations after bbl

Each plastic surgeon has his/her own protocol for recommendations after bbl. Sitting for the most part should be fine since applies pressure to the lower buttocks (not where the fat is injected). Again check with your plastic surgeon for the best advice for you. Good luck!

I have developed numerous modalities to help with these postoperative management concerns.