I wanted a more natural look. Will these settle any more? Smooth Round High Profile Gel 325cc, subglandular, 3 wks ago. (Photo)

Does subglandular placement show final results this early? I understand going under the muscle will settle significantly, but don't believe it's the same for over. Is that correct? I understand the diameter/chest measurement in using the HP. So not sure if a lower profile would have been a good option (plan to ask). I'm 47 yrs old, was small B, right now fit D cup. Goal was a C. Disappointed in the fake look. Any chance it will settle into a more natural look? If so, what is average time frame?

It is too early for you to be worried.

You were only three weeks out from surgery, and that is far too early to worry about your final result appearance. Your breasts will continue to soften and settle over time and look much more natural with time. Give it at least 9 to 12 months before you decide whether you'd like something to be changed.

Natural breasts!

I think you look great and will go down size-wise in a couple of months. Furthermore, I think you choose the perfect size to be a medium to full "C" cup. However, remember this... some women who are full "C" cups do wear a "D" because they're more comfortable in them. Good luck! 

Scott W. Harris, MD, FACS

I wanted a more natural look. Will these settle any more? Smooth Round High Profile Gel 325cc, subglandular, 3 wks ago.

I'm sorry to hear about the concerns you have after your procedure.  Regardless of whether breast implants were positioned, best to give yourself several months before evaluating the outcome of the procedure performed.

You should be aware that a significant percentage of patients at your stage of recovery will feel that they are too big or (more commonly) too  small.
 Again, I routinely ask my patients  to wait at least 3-6 months before   evaluating the end results of the breast augmentation surgery.  This waiting time allows patients to (usually) physically and psychologically adapt to the new body image.  

From the physiological standpoint, it takes many months ( and even up to one year) to see the final results of surgery. Factors such as swelling,  tissue contraction,  skin redraping,  implant shifting etc. come into play.

From the psychological standpoint, patients undergo an “adaptation period"  during which time they get used to the changes that the surgical procedure has brought about.  Severe emotional swings can also occur after any type of surgical procedure.

In your case, I would suggest continued patience. Continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with longer-term.

Worried About Your Final Result?

Thank you for your question! It is still way to early to judge your final look.  You will not see desired results for another 6 months to a year. They will get softer an more natural looking! Best of luck!Dr Dhaval PatelDouble Board Certified Plastic SurgeonChicagoHoffman EstatesOakBrook

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

'Natural' Breast Augmentation

In general, the formula for a 'natural' result (whatever that may be to the eye of the beholder) is to keep three parameters in mind:

1. Limit the size of implant. My guess looking at your photos is that if you were measured for the best size implant for your anatomy (dimensional planning), it would have been smaller than 325.
2. Limit the projection of the implant. High profile implants do one thing very well and consistently, which is provide the most projection for it's given volume. 
3. Maximize the amount of tissue covering the implant. Sub pectoral achieves this goal better than subglandular. 

Fortunately, you are only 3 weeks out, so you will settle and soften, and hopefully be very happy. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Breast implant settling

Our office specializes in breast implant surgery. The breasts will continue to soften and settle over the next few weeks. Massage gently and apply Plato's Scar Serum or equivalent to your scars. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

3 weeks post op

I typically advise my patients to wait a good 4-6 months to see their final result because implants do tend to drop and settle during this time. You are fairly early in your healing phase so just give your body time to heal. Best of wishes for a great result!

Will my implants settle?

Thanks for your pictures and question. It is too early to judge your result, as the implants will continue to settle, soften and appear more natural over the next 3-4 months. There is also a pyschological adjustment that has to take place for you to accept your breasts as your own. The adjustment is much like a drastic change in hairstyle.

From your pictures, you have a nice result so far and I imagine you will be happy once you have adjusted to them. That being said, every implant and technique have subtle differences in their result.  In my opnion, high profile implants and subglandular technique both tend to give a less natural result.