Can I get a breast reduction if I'm overweight by 150lbs? (Photo)

Can 1500cc from a size 52DDD on a overweight patient of 300lbs.and 5 ft be done if going to 36d

High BMI related complications

It is always best for a patient to have a lower BMI to decrease the incidence of risks and complications associated with any type of surgical procedure. Fat necrosis, slower healing process, infections due to decreased vascularity from higher fat content, not to mention anesthesia complications, etc. Please consider loosing weight before undergoing any type of body contouring procedure.
Gary Horndeski M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Can I get a breast reduction if I'm overweight by 150lbs?

This surgery is best performed when a patient is within about 10-15 pounds of her ideal weight. You are at a significant risk of postoperative complications following elective surgery at your present weight so please see your primary care doctor for an effective weight loss regimen. Good luck.

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

Thank you for your question.  Based on your weight and height, your weight is well over 50, placing you within the morbidly obese category.  Going for elective plastic surgery at this weight will increase your risk for complications with anesthesia, wound healing, infection, blood clots (deep vein thrombosis) and a poor aesthetic result.  Not to mention, if you lose a lot of weight after your breast reduction, your breast appearance will look horrible, deflated and saggy.  Please consider weight loss with diet and exercise and then see an experienced board certified plastic surgeon when you're ready.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Scarless breast reduction

First and foremost do everything in your power to get down to a realistic weight. A breast reduction at that size and weight is a very formidable procedure with significant risks and complications. This is ideal for the scarless, or liposuction only operation. Going down many cup sizes would probably enhance your ability to  lose more weight. Make sure you find a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in this variation of the operation and look into it . 

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction

You would be a great candidate for a a breast reduction but you should be at a stable weight before attempting any kind of cosmetic procedure. 

Also known as reduction mammoplasty, this is an operation intended to reduce the size of a woman’s breasts and improve their shape and position. Frequently, the areola (dark skin around the nipple) is also made smaller. Functional symptoms (medical disorders) caused by excessive breast weight may be relieved or improved by this operation.
Women who have large, heavy breasts, which may be the cause of movement difficulties, back, shoulder and neck pain, poor posture, bra-strap indentations and chafing under the breasts will benefit from reduction.
Women with excessive breast size, which may decrease a sense of attractiveness and self-confidence, are candidates.
Large breasts that interfere with normal daily activities or with exercise will be more comfortable when reduced.

At some point you will be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery. Although I am sure you will benefit from breast reduction surgery now, it will be in your best interest to reach a long-term stable weight prior to proceeding with the surgery. This recommendation is based on safety of the procedure as well as predictability/quality of the long-term outcome of the surgery. 
Best wishes as you work towards your goals.