What is the difference between SculpSure and Sculptra? Which would you recommend?

I am considering a body contouring procedure, but they all sound the same. I would like to know which is more recommended for someone that is a little overweight and gym results are slow.

#sculpsure #fatreduction

Hello Genevieve33,

Thank you for your question. SculpSure is a non-invasive body contouring system for the reduction of stubborn fat in areas such as the abdomen, love handles and other treatable areas of the body. The 25 minute procedure destroys up to 24% of treated fat cells without surgery.

Sculptra Aesthetic, or poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA), is a facial injectable that adds volume to correct shallow to deep nasolabial folds (smile lines) and other facial wrinkles.

SculpSure would be the recommended treatment to address your desired goal. Hope this helps. Dr Faraz

Sculpsure vs. Sculptra

Sculpsure is intended for non invasive fat reduction for those patients that have stubborn areas that do not respond to diet and exercise and Sculptra is a injectable poly-L-lactic acid that is used to correct facial hollowing.

Christopher S. Verbin, MD

#sculpsure/#Body Contouring/ #Hi Definition Procedures

Sculpsure is a noninvasive 1060nm diode laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future.
The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks. 
The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health.
The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician. It is protective since it alternates heating and cooling. 
It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat. 
If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12. 

If you notice lumps after (which I've never seen) I would recommend massage. You should also alert your surgeon.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of her patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment. 
I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results. 

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals. 

Sculptra is polylactic acid filler to treat facial volume loss.

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz 

Sculpsure

Yes, the terminology can often be confusing because everything sounds the same.  SculpSure is a non-invasive body sculpting procedure to reduce stubborn fat pockets.  Sculptra is a soft tissue filler indicated for volume loss in the face.

Dennis Dass, MD

SculpSure

Thank you for your question. SculpSure is an ideal procedure because it can address the cause of your being a little overweight, which, most likely is due to subcutaneous fat. SculpSure is also ideal for your particularly because it will allow you to return to the gym sooner as most patients can see results within 2 weeks, and final results within 6-12 weeks. I suggest that you next consult in person with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting, SculpSure, Vanquish for Fat Reducing / Sculptra for Facial Sculpting Collagen Building

SculpSure is a non-invasive body contouring laser, Sculptra is a collagen stimulator/biostimulary injectable. For best results I suggest a 4D VASER hi-def liposuction contouring procedure with fat transfer.  With a VASER Hi Def procedure you get much more than just fat removal you get skin tightening, muscular defining, contouring and shaping, and cellulite improvement. Non invasive treamtents like sculpsure give small improvements where body shaping procedures like liposuction give much more of an outcome. See an expert for a formal consultation. Best, Dr. Emer.

Sculpture vs Sculptra

Although the names are very similar there is a world of difference between Sculpsure and  Sculptra. Sculpsure is the only non-invasive laser treatment that is FDA cleared for fat destruction of the abdomen and flanks. The device can be used in other areas off label and works best for smaller areas of fat that are resistant to diet and exercise. Usually more than  one treatment is required. Sculptra is an injectable product that stimulates one's own collagen and is considered a volumizer. It is used in the face to bring more fullness to sunken cheeks and temples, improve mid cheek lines, and can produce a lifting effect to the face. It requires a series of treatments and takes months for the final results. Both of these procedures can produce very nice results in the right patient. Please consult a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon for more information. Best wishes.

Kristin Baird, MD
Longmont Dermatologic Surgeon

Differences

Sculptra is a collagen stimulant that is used as a filler in the face or other areas.  It takes some weeks/months for the results to be seen as the collagen developsSculpSure is a laser fat procedure to help dissolve,sculpt and shrink your fat almost like fat melting. It takes some weeks/months for the results to be seen as  your fat is metabolized.CoolSculpt is a method that freezes fat that leads to shrinkage of fat tissue.  It takes some weeks/months for the results to be seen as your fat is metabolized.Best wishes, hope this helps. Dr. Denkler

Sculpsure and Sculptra

Sculpsure is a non invasive body contouring procedure using Laser heat to disrupt fat cell.  Sculptra is an injectable volumizer the is typically used in the face to promote the body to restore fullness

SculpSure is non-invasive body sculpting

SculpSure is non-invasive body sculpting.  It competes primarily with Cool Sculpting.  SculpSure uses heat generated by laser to kill fat cells.  Cool sculpting uses cold to do the same thing. Cool sculpting has been around longer.Sculptra is a filler.  It is used to treat lines and wrinkles. 

Daryl K. Hoffman, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon